- Nottinghamshire, England
- £32000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
- Job Type
- Evie Edwards
- Permanent job opportunity within Critical Public Services.
- Up to £35,000
- Hybrid working model
- 24/7 on call requirement
We are looking for hardworking, committed, and enthusiastic individuals to work within a Critical Public Service. As the 24/7 Service Desk and Control Centre Engineer your job is to be a point of liaison between Operations and Digital Services. Providing support, direction, fault management and improvements to Operations, as well as customers, clients, and both internal and external stakeholders.
Skills You Will Need…
- Proficiency in a range of office software products to enable production and maintenance of a range of complex documents, spreadsheets, and management reports.
- Experience of building and maintaining strong professional relationships, including with internal and external clients and stakeholders, to deliver results outside the immediate team.
- Proven commercial background in managing a data centre, a service desk or a control centre.
- Experience of incident management and providing support to operational resources during crises and major events.
- Change management experience in an operational environment.
- The ability to work with a variation of jobs day to day.
- The ability to understand the context and implications of plans and activities to a sufficient level to enable effective decisions to be taken and to align and manage different work steams to deliver effective change.
- A strong track record of delivering exceptional customer experience.
Day to Day…
To provide support to Operations, helping to continually improve the delivery of their operational functions, developing ideas for exploiting and improving existing technology, and providing support for the consistent coordination and introduction of systems, ideas, and improvements.
Providing direct liaison, specialist technical advice and single points of contact for external stakeholders in relation to operational technology infrastructure, functions, processes, and improvements.
Attend, and chair where required, monthly and quarterly technology liaison meetings.
Taking personal responsibility for the health and safety of yourself and others by challenging, reporting, and acting upon any unsafe activities or conditions.
Ensuring the Planned Engineering Work system and process is rigorously managed and the smooth coordination of system software and hardware upgrades - minimising disruption to the operational estate.
Manage and oversee the maintenance and updating of the operational telephony database.
In a rotational rota, provide a 24/7 on call support service to the operational estate to assist with the identification and escalation of faults, impacting operational services, co-ordination of work, and potential resolution paths with internal and external stakeholders and technical experts, senior managers and operational staff.
If this is something you feel suited to and would like to apply, please send in your CV. Because of the expected volume of applications, we will endeavour to come back to you asap.