3rd Line Support Engineer
£35 000 p/a
Talent International has been retained to search for experienced 3rd line support network engineers to deliver support to customers for data products within a 24/7 department. This role will require hands on-field 2nd/3rd line experience.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 3 years experiencing working within an IT/Telephony Support role
- Good Software skills including configuration and installation of Operating systems including server 2008 and 2012
- Knowledge on hardware
- Understanding of Network Technologies including TCP/IP DHCP, VLAN and various WAN technologies
- Good knowledge of how the Internet works (HTTP/HTTPS and DNS)
- Problem solving ability, creativity to "think-outside-the-box", proven track record in proposing and implementing new solutions for customers.
- Agility/ability to work at pace and to tight deadlines
- Customer Facing experience with ability to demonstrate being able to manage the support requirements of demanding customers
- Experience with Virtualisation (VM Ware, Hyper V and Virtual box)
- Knowledge of SQL, Apache, IIS, Telecoms and experience working in/and supporting contact centers/Financial services would be advantageous
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Incident / Problem management ensuring all customer SLA's and departmental KPI's are achieved through the timely resolution and effective communication
- Communicating effectively with Helpdesk Analysts to ensure they can communicate effectively and manage the customer experience
- Detailed problem reproduction on support test labs
- Working with the team to ensure daily case allocation is managed
- Highlighting areas of risk as soon as they are apparent
- Perform change management including raising RFC's
- Input to problem management highlighting situations which may require further ongoing investigation or may be relating to multiple incidents
- Development and management of knowledge base
- Communicate effectively with Helpdesk Analysts to ensure they can successfully communicate with the customer
- Troubleshoot and triage 3rdline faults through to development.
- Potential to work as part of a shift rota - to be agreed along with location as part of specific role
- Any adhoc duties as are reasonably requested by the business.
- Perform installations of products and integrations
- Perform planned technical project work in relation to company products
Onsite Client Engineer Responsibilities
- Perform daily health checks on product, including checking product connectivity, system alarms and log files
- Inform client of any serious incidents and concerns that arise from proactive monitoring
- Jointly manage the Change / CAB process with the Service Delivery Manager and client
- Further ensures that the company Service Now toolset is fully up to date
- Maintain device inventory, software levels, maintain diagrams produced through transition / project start-up etc. We expect the inventory to be maintained in our Service Now tool - this is our CMDB
- Attend and engage in company service meetings, ensuring tasks are proactively addressed
- Participate in Continual Service Improvement actions
- A degree in a relevant technical subject (Desirable)
- CCNA Collaboration, Avaya, Mitel or similar Telephony certification (Desirable)
- Experience with SIP, RTP, G.711, G.729, H.323 or similar telephony exposure/knowledge - Highly desirable.
- ITIL V3 foundation
- Microsoft Windows Server - MSCE/MSCA
To be considered for interview, please apply today with latest version of your CV. Candidates with relevant skillset will be contacted within 24 hours.