- £500 - £600 per day + inside IR35
- Job Type
- James Norval
Agile Business Analyst - Central Government
- Remote working
- Contract - Inside IR35, Rates 500/600 per day
- 2 months initially, likely to extend
- Deadline 12 Noon 09/05/22
We are looking for Business Analysts to join the Transformation Integrated Shared Services Division. Our Business Analysts work closely with business area(s) across to identify opportunities to deliver change with a clear focus on people, process, technology, and data and support ongoing transformation work, typically with an emphasis on the earlier stages of the change lifecycle. They work within virtual teams alongside other professions to offer a fully rounded, scalable, seamless service to our customers.
Core to being an effective Business Analyst is:
* Understanding user and business needs
* Breaking those needs out into constituent parts
* Analysing multiple solutions
* Supporting the communication and delivery of a solution to meet the user needs
* Analytical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills
As one of our Business Analysts, you will carry out a wide range of activities with responsibilities that include:
* Leading and managing investigations into business processes, functions, information flows, data structures and software development processes, using various methodical and consistent techniques
* Defining improvements to business processes, whilst evaluating potential solutions based on the impacts across the organisation
* Leading, understanding and communicating the bigger picture whilst working to assure that the overall goal is maintained in creation of the product backlog, but also working at a detailed level during sprints and iterations
* Influencing, facilitating, and communicating to help provide solutions to real business problems
* Eliciting requirements using appropriate techniques
* Delivering at pace, using agile methodologies and principles where appropriate
* Creating requirements documentation to high standards. Using modelling techniques, considering requirement management and traceability back to source, adherence to business objectives and their fitness for purpose
* Assisting decision makers in gathering information to make informed decisions
* Helping to quality assure test solutions and products
* Actively participating in the Business Analysis community to refine and develop standards and working practices, and to share knowledge
* Travelling to other sites will be required
* Waterfall/Agile working - familiar with working in and across Waterfall and Agile methods including ability to adapt to a hybrid method. Able to identify and compare the best processes or delivery methods to use, including measuring and evaluating outcomes. Helps the team to decide the best approach. Able to help teams to manage and visualise outcomes, prioritise work to agreed minimum viable product.
* Business analysis - investigates problems and analyses options for new and existing services. Works with stakeholders to identify objectives, opportunities, and potential benefits available. Provides a clear and methodical approach to tackle ambiguity at each stage of the change lifecycle.
* Business improvement process - able to analyse current services and processes and identify and implement opportunities to optimise these. Helps to evaluate and establish requirements using relevant techniques, such as gap analysis.
* Requirement's definition and management - responsible for elicitation of requirements and utilising a requirements management tool, preferably Jira. Facilitates setting of business priorities for change initiatives of medium complexity. Manages and implements requests for change to baseline requirements.
* Stakeholder relationship management - identifies key stakeholders, tailoring communication to their needs and works with teams to build relationships whilst also meeting user needs. Can challenge working level colleagues and senior stakeholders with opposing views to reach consensus. Understands how to work with stakeholders and contributes to improving these relationships, using evidence to explain decisions made.
* User focus - able to use quantitative and qualitative data about users to turn user focus into outcomes.
* Experience of leading or supporting pre-discovery and discovery stages of major change initiatives.
* Experience supporting systems transformation and/or migrations
* Experience in the Project Manager and/or Product Manager roles
* Enthusiasm for contributing to all appropriate communities of practice
* Experience training or mentoring junior BAs or other project professionals
* Experience of working with other professions such as Service Designers, Business Architects and specialist functions such as Testing and Assurance and Transition