6 Month (likely extension)
£600 per day. Outside IR35
Remote - UK based
An experienced Agile Coach is required to provide Lean and Agile coaching supporting the improvement activities of Squads (cross disciplinary registration teams), in the business operations are of the land and property registration service.
This role will be focused on:
- Working with Service Managers to support them as they lead their business areas, coaching them in Lean and Agile ways of working
- Setting up and support maturing the ways of working in our Squads within our Registration department, identified by Service Managers.
- Coach and support the development of junior agile practitioners within the Registration area. Outcomes
- Established and mature Lean and Agile leadership practices within the Registration Service Stream
- Mature ways of working within Squads in the Registration Service Stream
- Registration Agile practitioners are skilled to an appropriate level to support Squads and Service Stream Leadership teams.
- Support, through training and coaching, the development of Agile practitioners across the organisation.
- Work with Registration management to introduce and mature leadership practices in line with Agile ways of working.
- Support Registration Squads in ensuring: o Continuous Improvement o Improvement of flow and value o Introduction of additional lean tools and practices o Visibility of work o Enable cross registration squad collaboration. o Full understanding of flow-based measurement
- Support the continued development of an agile culture using techniques from a wide range of agile and lean methodologies and frameworks but be methodology agnostic.
- Help to sustain an open and trust-based environment, which enables a focus on delivery and facilitates continuous improvement
- Foster and sustain strong, cohesive registration squad dynamics and relationships, based on the principles of registration squad autonomy, mastery and purpose
- Engage with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
- Work effectively with other suppliers, departments and agencies
- Apply context specific approaches: registration squad roles, behaviours, structure and culture, agile ceremonies and practices, knowledge transfer and sharing, product management, cross registration squad coordination, and overall support of digital service delivery.
- Ensure key flow metrics and requirements that support the registration squad and delivery are well defined and maintained
- Equip staff with the ability to coach others
- Promote agile ways of working and help increase agile learning and awareness across the organisation
- Support any secondary activities as requested by the Head of Service Design and the Agile Practice Lead.
Agile and Lean
- Deep understanding of different agile and lean approaches and supporting context, such as behaviours, governance, process and culture
- Evidence of embedding agile practices and be able to use the most relevant practices as needed
- Understanding of agile product and software development in and the enablers required to cultivate an agile organisation
- Broad knowledge and understanding of agile product and software development
- Experience reteaming an established multi team groups
- Experience working with teams of who themselves are experienced agile team members and product managers.
Digital and Service
- An excellent understanding of good digital service delivery design
- Broad experience of different industries, private and public, transactional digital services, redefining customer interaction and case studies of what good looks like
- Experience working in the public sector
Coaching and Transformation
- Demonstrable experience of creating lasting change towards agile and lean ways of working for the better in an organisation
- Proven ability to quickly assimilate organisational strategy and operating context
- Ability to showcase relevant tools and techniques, such as coaching, advising, workshops and mentoring
- Ability to work in environments that are undergoing complex change, working in an iterative manner, evolving conversations and understanding how far to challenge and when
- Excellent stakeholder management and proven ability to engage and influence all levels of seniority
- Ability to work as part of a team, collaborating and sharing knowledge and decision making be framework agnostic, use the right practices for the context