- £630 - £650 per day + OUTSIDE IR35
- Job Type
- Zoe Latuszka
£650 per day. Outside IR35
6 Months (likely extension)
Remote. UK Based.
Registers of Scotland are looking for an experienced Agile Coach to inform the design and delivery of digital services for both internal staff and external customers; support the operational teams using the digital services and meet the strategic objectives of the organisation
The role of the Agile Coach is based within the Service Design department. Service Design offers a range of capability to the organisation including Business Analysts, Service Designers, Quant Analysts and User Experience Researchers. Service Design covers a broad remit in working to understand our customer needs and placing those at the heart of how we design and deliver our digital services, of how we organise our people and how we deliver operational processes
Experienced practitioners of Lean / Agile are required to support teams in ensuring:
- Continuous Improvement
- Improvement of flow and value
- Introduction of additional lean tools and practices
- Visibility of work
- End to end process as opposed to team optimization.
- Enable cross team collaboration.
- Support the continued development of an agile culture using techniques from a wide range of agile and lean methodologies and frameworks, but be methodology agnostic
- Help to sustain an open and trust-based environment, which enables a focus on delivery and facilitates continuous improvement
- Foster and sustain strong, cohesive team dynamics and relationships, based on the principles of team autonomy, mastery and purpose
- Engage with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
- Ensure any stakeholder can easily find out an accurate and current product delivery status, without disruption to delivery
- Work effectively with other suppliers, departments and agencies
- Apply context specific approaches: team roles, behaviours, structure and culture, agile ceremonies and practices, knowledge transfer and sharing, product management, cross team coordination, and overall support of digital service delivery
- Ensure key metrics and requirements that support the team and delivery are well defined and maintained.
- Equip staff with the ability to coach others.
- Actively participate in the Register of Scotland Agile Community of Practice sharing best practice techniques and domain progress
- Support and mentor junior staff with their development and upskilling.
- Support any secondary activities as requested by the Head of Service Design or Agile Lead.
- Deep understanding of different agile and lean approaches and supporting context, such as behaviours, governance, process and culture
- Evidence of embedding agile practices and be able to use the most relevant practices as needed
- Understanding of agile product and software development in and the enablers required to cultivate an agile organisation
- Broad knowledge and understanding of agile product and software development
- Experience reteaming an established multi team groups
- Experience working with teams of who themselves are experienced agile team members and product managers.
- an excellent understanding of good digital service delivery design
- Broad experience of different industries, private and public, transactional digital services, redefining customer interaction and case studies of what good looks like
- Experience working in the public sector
- Demonstrable experience of creating lasting change towards agile and lean ways of working for the better in an organisation
- Proven ability to quickly assimilate organisational strategy and operating context
- Ability to showcase relevant tools and techniques, such as coaching, advising, workshops and mentoring
- Ability to work in environments that are undergoing complex change, working in an iterative manner, evolving conversations and understanding how far to challenge and when
- Excellent stakeholder management and proven ability to engage and influence all levels of seniority
- ability to work as part of a team, collaborating and sharing knowledge and decision making be framework agnostic, use the right practices for the context