*** You must have current or active SC-level Security clearance to apply for the role. ***
- Fully remote working anywhere in the UK
- 3-month initial contract position. Inside IR35
- Deadline: 12 noon 2nd June 2021
- Central government - SC Clearance required
People Analytics is the data hub for People and Business Services, working with specialist areas
including Pay and Reward, Learning and Development, Workforce Planning, Culture and Wellbeing, and HR Business Partners to provide analysis that drives strategic decision making on our people plan.
We are looking for an Alteryx Developer to support a 3-month project to enhance our reporting, and to build and stabilise extraction processes from existing and potentially new data sources and API's.
The successful candidate will be curious and enthusiastic about using data and information to provide insights to guide decision-making. They will have excellent analytical skills, with the ability to use a variety of business intelligence tools and methodologies to interpret and present data in a meaningful way.
The Alteryx Developer will be a key part of the People Analytics team, delivering against our efficacy project. They will be responsible for data preparation, data blending, and the creation of data models/sets using Alteryx. They will work alongside People Analysts to review and innovate output and automation efforts.
Engaging with the team and key stakeholders is key to ensure the data model and ETL process meets business need and enables the team to provide valuable insight to drive and underpin targets and our strategy. The successful candidate will be confident in engaging stakeholders and presenting their approach and findings.
Utilising Alteryx will be essential as this is our main ETL tool. The successful candidate will work with autonomy and be encouraged to be innovative, creative and challenge the status quo.
TYPICAL ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for designing, building, optimising and testing several complex workflows in Alteryx.
- Responsible for producing documentation of database workflows and requirements, both within the module using text tools and in external documentation for complex modules.
- Provide support with data innovation, ensuring effective performance of data processes.
- Problem resolution for any data calculation and integrity issues.
- Introduction of a standardised approach and best practice to workflow building.
- Ensure robust quality assurance of the products used for workforce reporting and analysis.
- To engage regularly with team and stakeholders to determine the best approach.
- Drive the efficacy project. defining the scope of the project and achieving key delivery milestones.
- Work within an agile framework to define, build and release a continuous flow of outputs, identifying and implementing ideas for improvement.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Alteryx workflow development expertise is the core requirement.
- Data modelling with ability to reverse engineer data models from live systems.
- Ability to evaluate, analyse, design and implement solutions based on technical requirements.
- Strong analytical skills and excellent attention to detail with ability to analyse and disseminate significant amounts of information and quality assuring findings.
- Responsible for conducting root cause analysis to debug errors in existing workflows and algorithms and turn around resolutions in a live environment.
- Excellent team working skills, with an ability to work autonomously and with pace and attention to detail.
- Be adaptable, detect opportunities and implement ideas for improvement and think creatively to solve a problem.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Alteryx Certification.
Please apply now to hear more!