- City of London, London
- £300 - £400 per day + (Inside IR35)
- Job Type
- Rhiannon Lawrence
- Analyst - R & SAS / Excel - Central Government / Public Sector Project
- Remote working (due to current climate).
- 6 Months
- *Inside IR35* - £300-£400
We are particularly looking for candidates with skills in developing new and re-developing models in R (some of which are in SAS), forecasting and quantitative analysis. For one of these roles we want to recruit someone dedicated to Power-Bi development, with the necessary skills and experience.
As an Analyst you will be responsible for:
- Lead/support projects to redevelop our models; reviewing and improving the methods and building the models on our analytical platform using R software
- Lead/support our business as usual modelling activity, e.g. routine forecasting of demand
- Undertake ad hoc quantitative analysis to support modelling work
- Lead/support quality assurance of own analysis and supporting the quality assurance of analysis across the wider team in line with Aqua Book guidance
- Building relationships with analytical, policy and operational colleagues to understand relevant data and policy/operational context
- Communicating complex analysis to non-technical customers and senior leaders.
You must be able to demonstrate experience in the following technologies and techniques:
- a) Excellent data manipulation and quantitative analysis skills, with ideally good proficiency in R programming language;
b) Knowledge and experience of quantitative data analysis, modelling, forecasting.
c) Ability to review current excel/SAS based models and recreate these using R, ideally ability to review methodology and suggest improvements/redesign
d) Experience of communicating and presenting complex data analysis is easy for non-specialists to comprehend.
e) Ability to pick up new subject areas quickly, understand requirements and work at pace as a self-starter
f) Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with a range of analytical, policy, academic and other stakeholders.
g) Strong project management skills and ability to use technical knowledge to steer analysis in appropriate direction with buy-in from stakeholders
- Understanding of the Civil Service Code and the importance of its core values of integrity, honesty, objectivity and impartiality.
If you are an Analyst and this matches your skill set and would be of interest then please send your CV