- Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
- £30000 - £38000.00 per annum
- Job Type
- Stephanie Hoffman
- 9 days ago
Are you concerned about the impact of the current climate on your role or have you already been affected by it?
My client, one the world's leading online companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology and their business does not show signs of stopping down anytime soon. They have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an exceptional online experience to more than 35 million customers in 19 languages.
A key part of this company is the application team, who are responsible for the delivery, administration, maintenance and continual service improvement. The team is also responsible for engineering across a wide range of highly available technologies which underpin a large amount of the back office services and applications.
As an application delivery engineer, the focus of the role is the delivery of virtualised applications and desktops across multiple sites
This is a role that provides plenty of growth into higher-level roles and we can accomodate no-contact interview process through telephone & Skype so you can stay safe.
Essential skills and experience includes:
- Experience of working on highly available large scale enterprise platforms.
- Experience and knowledge of application virtualisation technologies, such as Microsoft App-V, Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop and AppSense will be advantageous.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Windows Server, Windows Desktop and Linux operating systems.
- Strong troubleshooting methodology and experience of troubleshooting production system issues.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities, work independently, multitask and meet tight deadlines.
- Experience of delivering structured technical projects.
- Can do attitude and willingness to learn new skills.
- Ability to create cohesive and accurate technical documentation.
- Ability to present and communicate technical ideas to senior business stakeholders.
On a daily basis, you will be :
- Maintaining uptime, capacity and availability of all platforms with the remit of the post.
- Troubleshooting and resolving service affecting incidents and problems within the remit of the post.
- Responding to technical issues escalated to the team and restoration services within expected timescales.
- Contributing to a problem analysis investigation role.
- Planning and delivering complex system upgrades and maintenance programmes.
- Analysing services and making service improvements recommendations.
- Communicating effectively with senior managers and stakeholders when handling escalated incidents or issues.
- Creating and maintaining documentation, including systems configuration, processes, test and project plans.
- Analysing performance optimisation and tuning.
- Providing technical guidance and support the 2nd line support teams