£450 per day. Outside IR35.
Remote for foreseeable/duration. When the risk of COVID infection is reduced, we envision that many of the team and community activities will take place at our Edinburgh offices, for at least part of each week
An experienced software engineer with solid commercial AWS development experience are required to collaboratively develop new registers of Moveable Transactions as part of an agile development team within Registers of Scotland's Other Registers domain.
Development and delivery of new registers to support the new Moveable Transactions legislation
- Demonstrate excellent, sustainable, and collaborative software development practice that's focused on delivering highly readable, maintainable, and appropriate artefacts.
- Extend and sustain the high-quality support procedures, dashboards, monitoring and deployment capabilities to ensure the team can continue to improve services via feedback.
- Actively participating in all team events, leading where specialist knowledge in required, and supporting the team to improve their process through inspection and adaptation.
- Engage with the wider RoS communities of practice and interest to share knowledge, techniques and experience.
- Ensure high quality of developed solutions through development and maintenance of unit tests - with appropriate code coverage - and code analysis using code quality tools.
- Ensure that developed software complies with non-functional requirements, such as accessibility, security, UI/UX, performance, maintainability, deployability, etc..
- Troubleshoot development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms that underpins the service.
- Routinely use collaborative development practices such as pairing and mobbing techniques in programming, code reviews, system design and requirements analysis/refinement, etc.
- Coaching and mentoring other team members, as appropriate
- Developing microservice or serverless solutions.
- Making excellent quality software with other people.
- Ability to engage with stakeholders, understanding context and requirements, from diverse areas of a business including Product Management, Service Design, and Operations
- Developing within GDS or Digital First (or similar) quality standards
- Design and implementation of solutions using a service-based and serverless architecture.
- Using written, verbal, and visual communication to explain complex topics concisely to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Cloud monitoring, telemetry, intelligence tools and processes, including Grafana
- Experience working in the Agile delivery models - such as Scrum and/or Kanban frameworks.
- Formal XP engineering techniques
- Defining infrastructure-as-code
- AWS including: o CDK o Serverless (Lambda) o S3 o API Gateway o Cloud Formation o Aurora/Postgres
- Strong HTML / CSS skills and an awareness of accessibility considerations
- Human-centred, research-driven, inclusive design practices
- Testing tools and frameworks, e.g. Cypress
- Use of UI pattern libraries to achieve consistent, tested and high-quality interfaces