- £445 - £450 per day + OUTSIDE IR35
- Job Type
- James Norval
AWS Developer/DevOps Engineer - Outside IR35
£450 per day. Outside IR35.
6 Month duration
Remote (Anywhere inside the UK)
Main outcomes & objectives
Development and delivery of:
* Development and support of a Prepayment Service
* Development and support of a BACS Replacement
* Continued development and support of Supporting domain products in line with the product and architecture roadmaps.
* Contribute to discovery for a Prepayment Service and HR solution.
* Demonstrate excellent, sustainable, and collaborative software development practice that is focused on delivering highly readable, maintainable, and appropriate artefacts.
* Actively participating in all team events, leading where specialist knowledge in required, and supporting the team to improve their process through inspection and adaptation.
An experienced developer is required to accelerate Registers of Scotland's move away from our legacy finance systems.
Essential skills & experience
Significant commercial experience in the following technology:
* AWS including:
? Serverless (Lambda)
? API Gateway
? Cloud Formation
* Node JS
* Strong HTML/CSS skills and an awareness of accessibility considerations Significant and demonstrable commercial experience in the following areas:
* Delivering high quality software collaboratively in high-performing, crossfunctional development teams.
* Designing, gaining consensus, and implementing technical solutions for software development projects
* Developing within Digital First or GDS quality standards
* Developing solutions using human-centred, research-driven, inclusive design practices
* Designing and implementing solutions using service and event-based architectures
* Front and back-end development
* Using testing tools for unit testing, including system test automation frameworks
* Cloud monitoring, telemetry, intelligence tools and processes, including Cloudwatch Dashboards
* Using written, verbal, and visual communication to explain complex topics concisely to both technical and non-technical audiences
* Incrementally replacing enterprise legacy systems
* Using CI/CD, Test Driven Development (TDD) and Pair Programming to produce high quality, maintainable code
* Working in Agile delivery models
* Defining infrastructure as code
* Using UI pattern libraries to achieve consistent, tested and high-quality interfaces
* Code quality, monitoring, telemetry and analytics tools
* Experience mentoring team members
Desirable skills & experience
As a large part of our IT estate is not AWS native, experience of the following would be beneficial:
* Scripting languages, such as Bash
* Oracle databases
* Java and/or Python