6 months (possible extension)
£400-450 per day.
Office base in Edinburgh but Remote for foreseeable/Duration
An experienced full-stack developer with solid commercial AWS development experience is required to accelerate Registers of Scotland's move from legacy on-prem document management and archiving solutions to new cloud-native solutions.
- Migrate remaining sasine/archive images and retire legacy RAC system
- Develop suitable replacement and retire legacy LR Archive system
- Continued development and support of document management and archiving products in line with the domain product and architecture roadmaps.
- Demonstrate excellent, sustainable and collaborative software development practice that's focused on delivering highly readable, maintainable and appropriate artefacts.
- Actively participate in all team events, leading where specialist knowledge is required and supporting the team to improve their process through inspection and adaptation.
- Troubleshooting and fixing development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Engage with the wider RoS communities of practice and interest to share knowledge, technique and experience
- Coach and mentor other members of staff and advise on team and organisational training requirements
- Ensures high quality of developed solutions through development and maintenance of unit tests - with appropriate code coverage - and code analysis using code quality tools,
- Ensures that developed software complies with non-functional software requirements such as accessibility, security, UI/UX, performance, maintainability and deployability,
- Routinely use collaborative development practices such as pairing and mobbing techniques in programming, code reviews, system design and requirements analysis, etc.
Some of these services may need to be provided outside of core business hours (07:30-17:30) in order to ensure continuity of service. The successful supplier is expected plan and manage their working hours accordingly
- S3 (access monitoring)
- API Gateway
- CloudWatch/X-ray alertinf & monitoring integration
Significant commercial experience of the following technology
- Testing frameworks, including Cypress/React testing library
Significant and demonstrable experience in the following areas:
- Making excellent quality software with other people.
- Working with business stakeholders, to understand the context, and to focus on delivering value.
- Design and implementation of solutions using a service-based and serverless architecture.
- Excellent collaboration, communication and teamwork skills
- Working in the Agile delivery models - such as Scrum and/or Kanban frameworks.
- Experience implementing authentication services via Cognito and IAM with a focus on least privilege access.
- Accessibility considerations
- Domain-driven design
- Human-centred, research-driven, inclusive design practices
- Developing within GDS or Digital First (or similar) quality standards
- Testing tools and frameworks
- Cloud monitoring, telemetry, intelligence tools and processes