AWS Devops Engineer - New role as of 07/07/2021!
6 Months (Possible Extension)
£530 per day. Outside IR35.
Remote for foreseeable. When the risk of COVID infection is much reduced, we envision many of the team activities to take place at our office in Edinburgh, for at least part of each week.
An experienced AWS DevOps engineer is required to provide hands-on technical skills to an agile platform development team within Registers of Scotland's Development Enablement domain, and to support our Product Teams in their delivery
- Design, build and support services for software delivery in RoS with a focus on the RoS AWS Platform.
- Design build and support our new DDOS and WAF solutions for the RoS AWS Platform.
- Work alongside Product Teams to ensure the good practices developing, testing, deploying and supporting products on AWS.
- Ensure platform meets all the governance requirements set by RoS
- Building and maintaining an agile culture of continuous delivery and improvement, with a focus on frequently delivering working software.
- Creating and maintaining an appropriate level of documentation, including technical options assessments that can be effectively used to communicate to the team and wider stakeholders the technical vision of the product.
- Championing ideas/changes/designs that you and/or the team believe are beneficial, influencing peers and key stakeholders as appropriate.
- Assisting the Product Manager/Owners and Technical Architect to prioritise the backlog by providing insight into the architectural roadmap and the technical benefits that changes will achieve
- Designing and building platforms in AWS.
- AWS Serverless technologies.
- CI/CD methodology and native AWS CI/CD tooling.
- Defining infrastructure and processes as code.
- Adding value at all stages of the software lifecycle
- Applying automated testing to AWS environments and build processes.
- Introducing new efficient processes or concepts within the AWS environment.
- Working with the business, to understand the context, and to focus on delivering value
- Working in the Agile delivery models - such as Scrum and/or Kanban frameworks
- AWS Shield Advanced, WAFv2, AWS Firewall Manager
- AWS Lambda, CDK, S3, Cloud Formation, API Gateway, EC2, AMIs
- GuardDuty, Transit Gateway, AWS Config, Route53, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, Codepipeline
- Python, Bash, Ansible, Groovy
- Gitlab, Artifactory, ElasticSearch, Jenkins, Kibana, Grafana
- AWSLinux, RHel, Ubuntu,
- Experience with AWS Security and Networks.
- Experience using Prisma Cloud
- Jenkins and Ansible
- Working as a consumer of platform services, working in all stages of the software delivery lifecycle, to deliver value to users who aren't invested in the software delivery process.
- Containerised platforms, preferably Openshift or Kubernetes.
- Enterprise scale software builds and integration.
- Tools to support rapid development, iteration and delivery
- Deploying applications to cloud using PaaS and SaaS