- 6 month contract opportunity within the public sector
- Mostly remote working – Occasional travel to Scotland
- £500-525 per day outside IR35
AWS Platform/DevOps Engineer
Our public sector client is looking for experienced Platform/DevOps engineers to provide hands-on technical skills to an agile platform development team. The role will involve designing, building and supporting high quality, secure and resilient platforms, to let product teams deliver working software frequently. The team is multi-functional with a strong collaborative and agile culture and a very strong emphasis on infrastructure-as-code.
Skills and Experience
- Containerisation technologies.
- CI/CD methodology and tooling for Containerisation and AWS
- Infrastructure as Code practice.
- Networking Fundamentals
- Designing and building platforms in AWS
- Observability and Telemetry
- Security Tooling and Practices
- Adding value at all stages of the software lifecycle
- Designing and building platforms that support technical users in AWS.
- CI/CD methodology and native AWS CI/CD tooling.
- Applying automated testing to AWS environments and build processes.
- AWS Lambda, CDK, S3, Cloud Formation, API Gateway, EC2, AMIs
- Containerised platforms, Openshift, Kubernetes, ECS, Fargate.
- Python, Bash, Ansible, Groovy
- Gitlab, Artifactory, ElasticSearch, OpenSearch, Jenkins, Kibana, Grafana
- AWSLinux, RHEL, Ubuntu
- Experience with AWS Security and Networks.
Day to Day
- Work alongside Product Teams to ensure the good practices developing, testing, deploying and supporting products on AWS.
- Design, build and support services for software delivery in RoS with a focus on running OpenShift 4.x and supporting applications on the RoS AWS Platform.
- Support mature on-prem dev platforms estate with ansible.
- Develop, build and support people to use libraries that wrap and present platform features – usually CDK constructs but with fragments of Terraform where CDK doesn’t fit.
- Deprecation of on-prem products in favour of cloud based alternatives (RabbitMQ, Postgres, ElasticSearch, InfluxDB, Jenkins)
- Support in the design, build and delivery of our monitoring, alerting, metrics and logging strategy.
If this is something you feel suited to and would like to apply, please send in your CV. Because of the expected volume of applications, we will endeavour to come back to you asap.