Technical Lead - AWS Platform
- Central Government contract, Outside IR35
- £550 per day
- 6 Months
- Remote - UK Based
- AWS API Gateway, CloudFront, Lambda, S3, Aurora/Postgres, CDK, CodeBuild,
- Deadline: 10am on 10th March
An experienced AWS Technical Lead is required to lead the further development of cloud native platform to meet the key objectives of the organisation within the Development enablement team.
Main outcomes & Work with delivery and platform teams to help drive the maturity and optimise objectives developer experience of the RoS AWS platform
- Lead on the construction, roll out and adoption of a wide AWS CDK construct library that codifies policy and best practice and simplifies / standardises the approach to infrastructure code across the delivery teams.
- Work to develop a shared support / on boarding model to ensure that teams understand any operational concerns related to use of platform features.
- Work embedded in delivery and platform teams to understand challenges and identify opportunities to streamline platform development and onboarding
- Reduce to time to market for new products by working with teams to produce and adopt standard patterns that are available as constructs
- Liaising with colleagues from Product Management, Security, Operations and services Development to identify technology solutions and to prioritise and shape the platform roadmap.
- Communicating patterns and best practices and constructs to developments teams.
- Play a lead role in the AWS CoP
- Technical leadership / coaching to multiple software development teams, and to other domains, ensuring that platform solutions are robust, optimal and consistent.
- Support the development teams' in both their tactical and strategic work to help ensure the team delivers a cohesive solution that is well-architected and designed in line with engineering principles and best practices.
- Building and maintaining an agile culture of continuous delivery and improvement, with a focus on frequently releasing high quality, tested, working software.
- Championing ideas/changes/designs that you and/or the team believe are beneficial, influencing peers and key stakeholders as appropriate.
- Ensuring that developed software complies with non-functional requirements, such as security, useability, performance, maintainability, deployability, etc.
- Coaching and mentoring other team members
Skills & Experience:
- AWS API Gateway, CloudFront, Lambda, S3, Aurora/Postgres, CDK, CodeBuild, CodePipeline
- Leading the development of an organisation wide SDK of IaC componenets
- The ability to work closely with multiple development teams to identify opportunities, understand pain points and communicate best practice
- Designing, gaining consensus, and implementing technical solutions for software development projects across multiple teams
- Mentoring and coaching developers and platform teams in robust IaC practices
- Ability to engage with stakeholders, understanding context and requirements, from diverse areas of a business including Product Management, Delivery teams, and Operations.
- Using written, verbal, and visual communication to explain complex topics concisely to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Working in Agile delivery models
- Defining infrastructure as code
- Experience implementing microservices
- Experience developing within GDS or Digital First (or similar) quality standards
- Experience with tools for unit testing, including system test automation frameworks
- Tools to support rapid development, iteration, and delivery
- Java / Python
- Docker / Kubernetes / OpenShift
- Cloud security compliance tooling eg Prisma, Checkov, Twistlock