£37,500 - £42,500pa
My client is an innovative giant within the energy sector who provides for clients on a large scale in both a commercial and technical capacity.
They use their platform and knowledge on the sector to provide tailored digitalised solutions which really add value to their client's organisations.
As a Back-End Developer within the team, you will play an integral part of providing performant and scalable code to deliver the necessary software solutions. You'll be working within a close-knit team of Domain Experts, Creatives and Platform Engineers to provide optimal results.
- Develop and productise algorithms, at our platform's core.
- Write performant and scalable code to deliver software solutions.
- Contribute to platform feature throughput through an Agile setup.
- Participate in hackathons and use non-sprint time for experimentation and innovation.
- Work in a DevOps environment and complete bug fixes.
- Continuously develop knowledge and skills in the software development space, adding languages, libraries and technology to skill set.
- Peer-review code and recommend improvements.
Technologies & Skills
- Python and Web APIs or a similar technology (Java, NodeJS, PHP, Ruby)
- NoSQL databases
- Visual Studio Online
- Cassandra, Solr, Spark
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Clear communication and articulation of your ideas and working