BACK END DEVELOPER - WAKEFIELD
I have an outstanding opportuniity for an experienced Backend Developer to join an exciting and award winning company. Thsi is a 3- 6 month contract, adding value along the way will likely secure future contract work with this business.
- Managing our internal cloud team, providing technical direction, prioritisation and coordination.
- As a line manager, you will be responsible for the development of your team, including providing technical leadership, performance reviews and personal development plans.
- Providing mentorship to the wider Programming function, helping guide individuals in their career at Team17.
- Working with internal and external stakeholders of team17 to ensure they get the support they need. Specifically, you will work in collaboration with our Games Programmers to find effective solutions to problems
- Taking ownership of a multitude of internal cloud-based projects including XPlay, our propriety cross play solution
- Managing internal expectations and providing communication of any technical issues for any of the cloud projects
- Managing the costs of our internal cloud projects, reviewing where we can reduce costs through improving efficiencies
- Understand departmental needs to effectively design and develop bespoke, high performance Serverless APIs applications to support our wider software development team
- Making certain everything is thoroughly tested and effective before a release.
To flourish in this role, you will have experience and knowledge within several key areas.
- Excellent communication skills, especially when explaining technical issues
- Demonstrable prioritisation, planning and organisation skills
- Experience working in a cross-team environment. * Excellent ability to turn a brief into a cost-effective, high performant solution
- 3years' experience with the o AWS Lambda o AWS DynamoDB o AWS API Gateway
- 2+ years' experience with the AWS Serverless tech stack
- Strong Python development and Python framework (specifically Boto3) experience
- Experience with development of RESTful APIs
- Experience managing small teams.
- Good knowledge of AWS in the following areas o AWS WebSocket API Gateway o AWS EC2 o Redis/Memcached in memory data stores o AWS S3 o AWS VPC
- Experience in implementing and running Functional testing and Unit testing.
- Good knowledge of SaaS and PaaS solutions and Linux
- Experience of Node.js and C# development
- Experience with Docker
- TeamCity knowledge
- Gherkin syntax