BAW Developer (Business Automation Workflow)
- Fully remote working anywhere in the UK
- Contractor post - Inside IR35 - rates can be negotiable, ideally 550/650 per day range
- Duration: Until 31/03/22 initally - likely to extend
- Deadline 01/11/21
- Central Government, DBS check before starting
Are you a Developer that can coordinate work of a cross-functional team, ensuring teams are working towards delivery commitments? If so, this could be the role for you! Play your part in transforming how statistics are produced for the public good.
We require an experienced Automation developer to undertake process orchestration and automation work within the DPSD project.
Key Responsibilities :
* develop software to meet user needs
* follow best-practice guidelines and help to improve those guidelines
* write clean, secure and well-tested code
* operate the services they build and identify issues in production
* We are looking for contractors to join us for a 4-month period who have extensive experience as a BAW Developer (5+ years in BAW) and it is good to have some experience in working as RAP developer using any RPA platforms.
* It is desired for the candidates to have experience in working in an agile environment and have familiarity with agile ceremonies and artefacts.
* It is desired for the candidates to have experience in Business Modelling and Process Modelling and capture the requirement specifications from the Business Stakeholders.
* The candidates must be proficient in creating BAW workflows, coaches, Human services, dashboards and integrations with backend database and end systems.
* The candidates must have a good understanding and working knowledge of the IBM BAW Coding Best Practices and Housekeeping Best Practices.
* It is desirable for the candidates to have experience in creating custom BAW Toolkits, custom UI controls and Accelerators from scratch to enhance the user experience and optimize solutions.
* It is desirable for the candidates to have a good problem-solving aptitude to debug and fix the code errors in existing solutions.
* It is desirable for the candidates to have a good understanding of the existing Industry Standards and Enterprise solution frameworks.
* It is desirable for the candidates to have experience in using the IBM Business Automation Insights(BAI) for producing Dashboards and metrices, but this is not essential if the candidate has experience in using any other reporting and dashboard Tools like Tableau, Kibana etc
* Developing and configuring IBM BAW Application to develop and deliver specific business process applications to cater various business areas through BAW Workflows, Coaches, dashboards, and integrations.
* Developing / Specifying the underlying data models and middleware services to support the delivery of these BAW business process applications
* Identifying process bottlenecks and defining integration points between the IBM BAW Application and the wider ONS architecture and working with the Team Leads / Technical Architects to develop the integrations.
* The candidate must be able to do Debugging and Code Fixing of the Defects for existing solutions.
* It is desired for candidates to have excellent communication skills to communicate with the Business Stakeholders, have attention to detail and problem-solving aptitude to provide work arounds.
* It is desired for the candidates to have experience in working in an Agile environment and have familiarity with agile ceremonies and artefacts.
* Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle and playback methodologies.
* Collaborate with BA and various teams to develop and implement inclusive technical solutions and implementations.
* Creating Technical Use Cases and User stories in Agile Tools for tracking and implementation.
* Create custom BAW Toolkits, custom UI controls and Accelerators to enhance the user experience and solution optimizations.