- £45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
- Job Type
- Monique Vorster
Remote role with travel to client sites across the UK
With over 50 years of heritage and industry experience our client is a comprehensive provider of Payroll and HR Solutions with a vision to be the clear leader in pay, reward, analytics, and people experiences. They have big ambitions and their Services division is at the heart of them. A key part of this ambition is the growth of its Business Intelligence Consulting Team and this has created an exciting opportunity for a dedicated, ambitious, and analytical BI consultant.
You'll be a key member of a proactive team, delivering customer funded consultancy in all aspects of reporting and management information on their solution, as well as a variety of other systems. The work ranges from the development of operational reports, data modelling, dashboard/visualisation design, event driven notifications and the build of predictive analytics models.
- A strong track record in a customer facing BI consultancy/reporting role.
- Experience of BI reporting in an HR and Payroll Dept/Division.
- Proven ability to work to a recognised project management methodology and to tight timelines.
- Very experienced at building complex SQL queries against either Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle.
- Must be able to demonstrate detailed knowledge of Microsoft Power BI.
- Knowledge of Tibco Jaspersoft Report Studio/Ad-hoc is desirable.
- Desirable but not essential is detailed knowledge of one or more - IBM Cognos 7 Impromptu, Cognos Business Analytics 10/11, Business Objects 4.x
- Knowledge of ETL technologies is desirable - specifically Microsoft SQL Server SSIS.
- Ability to build data models for reporting and predictive analytics, create complex visualisations/dashboards, crosstabs, drill through reports, OLAP cubes and event driven notifications.
- A natural interest to keep pace with new versions and features of the BI tools and how these can be incorporated into our offerings to generate new revenue opportunities.
- Existing knowledge of ResourceLink's tables and data structures is desirable but not essential, specifically around base tables (HR, Payroll and Pensions), Leave Management, PDR, Time and Attendance, MyView, Expenses.
- Excellent analytical capability with strong attention to detail and an inclination for problem solving.
- Deliver actionable insights from data through questioning and analysis.
- Able to work on own initiative and within a team.
- Solid administration and organisational skills.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills including the ability to distil complex information down in to succinct, easy to understand concepts.
- Willingness to travel extensively and stay away from home in hotels when required in undertaking the role.
If you are interested please apply with a copy of your CV and I will be in touch to discuss the opportunity further in the strictest confidence.
The role comes with an excellent benefits package including car allowance.