My client in Stockport are looking for a BI Specialist for a 2 year FTC (chance of it going permanent after) to help them identify business intelligence, reporting and data analysis requirements for their UK operations. The Power BI Specialist will design, build and deploy business intelligence reports and dashboards using Microsoft Power BI.
- Identify business intelligence, reporting and data analysis needs.
- Design, build and deploy business intelligence reports and dashboards using Microsoft Power BI.
- Oversee projects ensuring BI solutions meet business needs and requirements.
PERSON SPECIFICATION - BI Specialist
- B.Sc. degree in Informatics, Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Science or related field.
- Experience in a business intelligence role.
- Experience using Power BI, MDX and DAX.
- Ability to quickly stage and shape data from various data sources into reporting and analytics solutions.
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual thinking and problem solving abilities.
- Proficient in the full software development lifecycle.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate both written and orally, clearly and persuasively, explaining complicated matters simply, tailoring delivery methods/media to suit the audience's needs and understanding.
- Ability to clarify, plan and prioritise own work and that of the others in order to achieve objectives.
- Ability to work proactively in order to ensure objectives are met in a timely manner.
- Must be self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Must take pride in own work, setting and achieving high standards for self and working with others.
- Ability to analyse complex problems and propose solutions while satisfying any constraints imposed by the business i.e. resource or time.
- Knowledge/experience of standardized quality control pipelines for ensuring data quality, provenance and integrity.
- Experience utilising tools and systems on the MS SQL Server BI Stack, including SSRS and TSQL.
If you're interested in this exciting new opportunity then please apply and I will be in touch with suitable candidates for more information.