Big Data Consultant
I am working for consultancy who are providing consulting services around open source big data technology (mostly Cassandra, some Spark, some Elasticsearch and soon some Kafka).
They have been running a small but hugely profitable operation out of their office in Reading / London.
Due to substancial growth we are now looking to hire another Big Data Engineer / DevOps Engineer / Software Engineer with a focus on Kafka & Cassandra consulting into enterprise level organisations.
We will be looking for a new Cassandra / Kafka consultant, some general details of what we are looking for, to get the conversation started:
Job Title: Senior Big Data Consultant /Software Consultant / DevOps Consultant / Engineer
Expertise: Cassandra, Spark, Elasticsearch, Kafka
Location: London / Remote / Reading
- Delivering consulting service around Cassandra, Spark, ElasticSearch, and Kafka. This typically includes activities such as installation, configuration, troubleshooting, data modeling, cluster sizing, Proof of Concept, Performance Tuning.
- Delivering workshops/training
- Engaging with the community via conferences talk and meetups.
- Contributing to the consulting team by preparing talks and training materials, as well as developing tools, and knowledge base. Requirements:
- Development, or maybe even better, DevOps background.
- Ready to travel across Europe to deliver consulting services and talks
- Well rounded person comfortable in client facing environments, and ready to take a leadership role
- General knowledge of cloud environments
- review of customers Cassandra clusters installation, configuration and usage
- Give technical talks to meetups, conference, and private pre-sales meeting
London, Reading, Aberdeen, Glasgow, Swindon, Bristol, Bath