BPM/RPA/IBM Automation Developer x3
- Security Clearance required SC (Candidates must have SC already ideally)
- Fully Remote
- 6 months, Contracts, Inside IR35
- Deadline: Thursday 5th August at noon
The Office for National Statistics has established a Business Process Automation Centre of Excellence (CoE) to support the introduction of:
- Business Process Management (BPM)
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
We make use of the IBM Business Automation Workflow BPM / Case Management toolset for BPM and this is a core element of our automation strategy to manage end to end process design. We also use IBM Robotic Process Automation (RPA) for the wider requirements around manual / repetitive tasks.
The Coe team is run as a DevSecOps team and we have a number of automation engineers covering both BAW and RPA.
We have identified a piece of work to replace our Lotus Notes estate which will make extensive use of our IBM BAW technology to develop new business process applications, workflow, user interfaces and logic to deliver a new way of working for a team of 400+ people.
We are looking to set up a new team which will be a standalone team with responsibility for delivering the replacement for our Lotus Notes applications using IBM BAW.
We are looking for contractors to join us for a seven-month period who have extensive experience in using IBM BAW technologies to develop business process automation applications
A lot of the requirements for this work have already been developed from the existing Lotus Notes applications
Candidates must be expert in the use of IBM BAW workflow, coaches and reporting, and must be proficient with interfacing BAW with back end services / databases.
It is desirable for candidates to have using IBM Business Automation Insights (BAI) but this is not essential to candidates who have a very strong knowledge of developing business process applications in IBM BAW.
TYPICAL ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Developing and configuring IBM BAW to develop and deliver specific business process applications to business areas, through the development of workflow, coaches, dashboards and reporting
- Developing / specifying the underlying data models and middleware services which will support the delivery of these business process applications
- Identifying and defining integration points between IBM BAW and the wider ONS architecture and working with technical / solution architects to define and develop these integrations
Relevant Skills and Experience:
- Use of a IBM Business Automation Workflow (BAW) toolset and ability to develop complex business processes and workflow, user interaction (through BAW coaches) and management information / reporting in IBM BAW
- Experienced in the use of IBM Business Automation Insights (BAI) or IBM Operational Decision Maker (ODM)
- Designing, shaping and improving business processes (working with business end users) to elicit requirements and leverage automation techniques.
- Must have very strong stakeholder engagement skills for working directly with business users to develop the business processes and user interaction.
- Development experience in AWS / GCP to write systems of record and expose CRUD REST APIs / write simple services or define the services which are required to support the automation