Build and Release Coordinator
up to £35,000pa
Would you like to take the next step in your career and become an integral part of a global technology organisation?
Talent is partnered with a hugely successful global name that is based in multiple locations in the North-West and Midlands. They are continuously growing and expanding to ensure their internal functions are as optimal as they can be to provide a high-quality service to their customers.
The role of a Build and Release Coordinator looks to support a number of teams that are progress from planned releases through to live channels to ensure they are deployed smoothly within the production environment. By owning the application and release, you'll become an integral part of the team as you look to consistently optimise processes and the systems.
- Work with Team Leads to review planned releases and identify potential conflicts and have a clear understanding of release dependencies
- Identify abnormal release considerations early in each release cycle to avoid blockages in latter stages.
- Communicate planned releases to relevant stake holders.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that a work package handed over from a Team Leader is successfully deployed to the live environment.
- Work with other technical teams to ensure timely delivery of releases.
- Update Change Management function for all planned/unplanned releases.
- Agree patching schedules with relevant teams to avoid conflicts between releases and patching.
- Work with Developers to ensure code repository branches are maintained correctly.
- Work with Developers and Team Leads to resolve issues raised during Route to Live testing and immediate post go live issues.
- Manage handover of releases to on call and support functions.
- Provide second line support involving initial review and triaging of bugs raised during Rout to Live process.
Experience & Skills
- Delivery and results focused.
- Manage in a pressured environment and pressured situations and can react quickly.
- Process oriented with good time management and scheduling skills.
- Managing multiple streams of activity, shifting focus regularly.
- An effective communicator both written and verbally in non-technical subjects to a business audience.
- Passionate about the Software Development Lifecycle and associated technology.
- Understanding of code repository / source control management - preferably Git.
- Understanding of SQL.