My client is one the world's leading online companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. They have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 45 million customers.
You will be responsible for the development and maintenance of the business's operational and customer facing systems supporting management of customer accounts. You will also own the development of several other key business aspects including external messaging, payments and encryption.
As a Build and Release Coordinator you will be acting as support to the Members team. You will be responsible for the progression of the planned releases through Route to Live channels until fully deployed to the Production environments. You'll also have responsibility of our patching schedule for our production server estate.
- Work with Team Leads to review planned releases and identify potential conflicts and have a clear understanding of release dependencies.
- Identify abnormal release considerations early in each release cycle to avoid blockages in latter stages.
- Communicate planned releases to relevant stake holders.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that a work package handed over from a Team Leader is successfully deployed to the live environment.
- Work with other technical teams to ensure timely delivery of releases.
- Update Change Management function for all planned/unplanned releases.
- Agree patching schedules with relevant teams to avoid conflicts between releases and patching.
- Work with Developers to ensure code repository branches are maintained correctly.
- Work with Developers and Team Leads to resolve issues raised during Route to Live testing and immediate post go live issues
- Manage handover of releases to on call and support functions
- Provide second line support involving initial review and triaging of bugs raised during Rout to Live process.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Delivery and results focused.
- Manage in a pressured environment and pressured situations and can react quickly.
- Process oriented with good time management and scheduling skills.
- Managing multiple streams of activity, shifting focus regularly.
- An effective communicator both written and verbally in non-technical subjects to a business audience.
- Passionate about the Software Development Lifecycle and associated technology.
- Understanding of code repository / source control management - preferably Git.
- Understanding of SQL.