Build and Release Technical Lead
up to £70,000pa
We are partnered with a hugely successful and global name based in multiple locations in the North West and Midlands. They have offered unwavering support both to their significant employee base but also to the local communities that they serve. They are indeed, bucking the trend of an entire industry to make significant contributions in the fight against Covid-19.
It is a real feel-good story and a company that have committed to virtual interviews and virtual onboarding which in this market, is a real win.
Their staff retention rates are exceptional and the money they invest into training, upskilling and general well-being are a true testament to the caring nature of this company.
As the Lead build and release engineer, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining a robust build and release system. You will design and implement our next generation of tools for building, continuous integration, test automation and release management.
You will have the critical role of orchestrating the release from start to finish without missing a beat. All of these things you will do must be broadly communicated and documented. A key part of this role is also mentoring others on how to build new software.
We're looking for someone who:
Worked in build and release or DevOps for a significant amount of time
· You self describe as detail orientated.
· You understand the ins-and-outs of Jenkins or other build tools.
· You write well documented code with proper error handling.
Owned the decision of whether or not software is ready to ship to production.
· You say no, and are not afraid to provide pushback when the build is not ready.
· You jump on any blocking issues to ensure the software gets out the door.
· You guarantee quality by running the process for software release.
Automated away manual steps as part of build, release, and test.
· You have moved engineering teams to continuous delivery using tools
Deployed and managed build, release, and automation tools to a cloud platform.
· You have managed build clusters either via Jenkins or other build tools.
· You have led a team in build and release.
If this sounds like the sort of company you want to work for then contact me, I would love to give you more details about it.