As a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology who has rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 45 million customers in 21 languages - my client is passionate about their brand, product, customers and employees, and want to meet highly motivated individuals who will share their vision and passion.
Software Release supports the Development function and therefore deals with the compilation and delivery of bespoke applications from SCM through to release into Production - a set of responsibilities made increasingly complex due to the different platforms and solutions that the products are written in.
The team is responsible for:
- Test Environment Management, Releases Management and Ownership of the Regulatory Versioning application.
- The support/maintenance of Software Delivery (build, package, deployment) and management of the appropriate source control and orchestration tools/applications also fits within Software Release accountability
On a technology basis, due to the vast amount of skills combinations, the main crux of this position is experience with CI/CD pipelines and Jenkins
On a day to day basis, you will be:
- Ensureingthat you have an excellent understanding of the technical structure, domain and architecture of the Software release systems and how those systems are configured in the development and production estate.
- Applying active governance around overall solution implementation, code quality and coding standards within the team
- Ensuring the solutions are scalable and are able to deliver huge volumes of release that come through the teams.
- Working with Architects, Development Managers and other colleagues in order to design and deliver technology solutions that solve business problems in line with the technical strategy of the department
- Driving the provision of scalable, maintainable, and performant systems
- Taking responsibility alongside the Team Lead for work estimation within the team, producing solution documents and estimates as required
- Mentoring members of the team and ensuring distribution of knowledge
- Contributing in a "hands on" capacity when required to help deliver complex aspects of the platform.