You will need to be comfortable with leading sessions with business representatives and IT teams, to gather requirements, assess problems and provide solutions. Solutions will typically involve one or more of improvement to business processes, facilitating change to current systems or implementing new systems (possibly including interfaces).
This is a fantastic opportunity for a self-starter, who wants to work with a vibrant development team that have a healthy roadmap of business change in the pipeline.
What will you be doing?
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Drive, challenge and shape business units thinking on how to successfully execute their plans.
- Work independently with stakeholders to define concepts and take the lead on implementing them.
- Supporting Business Case development to inform Executive Team decision making on whether to proceed to project start up.
- Support shaping and prioritising the business projects roadmap.
- Facilitate rapid releases of functionality benefitting the business.
Business Analysis & Requirements Capture
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and ensure root cause business problems are identified.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with internal stakeholders (and external when required) to analyse information needs and functional requirements and deliver the documentation as needed: For example: User Stories, Requirements Documents, Project Briefs, GUI, Screen and Interface designs.
- Evaluate, define and prioritise high level business requirements.
- Facilitate the definition of, and gains agreement for the, requirements, subsequent analysis of change requests and approval.
- Work collaboratively with domain experts (e.g. Quality, Marketing, Finance, IT) to further refine the agreed business requirements
- Produce requirements fit for the internal or external development teams to work from. This may consist of user stories, and/or Business Requirements Specifications.
- Ensure full business engagement in the development
- Supporting Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
What will you bring to the role?
- Strong Business Analyst experience, on both Waterfall and Agile projects.
- Has delivered scope definition & requirements management (elicitation, analysis, documentation) on Agile projects
- Has utilised business analysis methods, tools and techniques
- Experience writing business requirements specifications, user stories, refining backlogs and participating in sprint ceremonies.
- Confident leader to facilitate requirements elicitation workshops & interviews
- Business orientated with a technical background
- Successful track record for delivering time-sensitive technology projects.
- Knowledge and experience of one or more Agile frameworks such as Scrum and Kanban.
- Experience in the use of Agile and Waterfall project management software and producing Project plans and roadmaps
- Experience working closely with Software Teams
- Evidence of ensuring that change initiatives 'stick'.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.