6 Months (Likely extension)
£420 per day. Outside IR35
Remote - UK based
An experienced Senior Business Analyst is required to support the continued delivery of the Service Design department's outcomes within our land and property registration service.
The role of Senior Business Analyst is based within Service Design. The Service Design department offers a range of capability to the organisation including User Experience researchers, Service Designers, Quant Analysts and Agile coaches. Service Design covers a broad remit in working to understand our customer needs and placing those at the heart of how we design and deliver our digital services, of how we organise our people and how we deliver operational processes.
Our community is embedded as part of cross-functional delivery teams, operational and corporate business units, innovation centres and business change. This role will be based within the Service Design business unit and the person will support the delivery of missions across the business ecosystem, strategic roadmap and corporate plan - deploying a range of business analysis methods, tools and techniques across the full-service design in our land and property registration service area of the business.
The aim is to identify improvements for operational efficiencies and organisational change within workflows and existing digital products. Then working with secondary groups of people to pilot and implement these changes.
For a period of 6 months, you will provide senior business analysis advice and knowledge at a practitioner level across the business ecosystem, strategic roadmap and corporate plan, focusing on areas within the land and property registration service
- Maintaining an audit trail of decisions, assumptions and outstanding questions
- Assist in the identification, evaluation and tracking of business benefits
- Collaborate with colleagues to inform key transition points and roadmap outcomes
- Identify new process and customer opportunities
- Support business leaders in both their tactical and strategic work to deliver solutions that work for customers and the organisation
- Collaborate with our business change teams to identify and help remove issues that may hinder the adoption of new processes or ways of working
- Support, participate and engage with digital suppliers
- Actively participate in the Register of Scotland Business Analysis practice sharing best practice techniques and domain progress
- Support junior staff with their development and upskilling.
- Work with our communication and organisational design professionals to assist in helping to reduce the impact of change
- Be confident in engaging stakeholders and working with established governance forums such as the technical design authority
- Collaborate with Business Analysts from other domains, when required, on overlapping deliveries.
- Act as Product Owner by proxy
- Support any secondary activities as requested by the Head of Service Design or Lead Business Analyst.