My client is known for delivering a cutting-edge software platform to suit the needs of some very demanding clients in the mobile marketplace. Their development team creates the ultimate platform that mobile companies use to manage all aspects of their mobile device insurance delivery. They have been recognised as having one of the most comprehensive insurance platforms in the market.
Looking for an Agile Business Analyst to join the business to work within the Product Development/Delivery team. The right candidate will have proven experience working on software development projects within an Agile environment.
Collaboratively working with the Developers, Clients and Account Managers to deliver product implementations to a high quality
to a tight deadline under pressure.
Objective of the role:
- Work with the client's stakeholders to understand their requirements and convert them to user stories that directly support the primary objective of the project and are appropriate size for iterative development
- Facilitate regular meetings/workshops with project team, and clients.
- Elicit stakeholder feedback to validate priorities
- Collaborate with the team on Backlog Refinement sessions, elaborating the acceptance criteria for each user story so that the team can estimate them
- Participate in the QA process by developing clear, specific, and testable acceptance criteria.
- Collaborate with the team on Sprint Review and Planning sessions
- Work with the Product Owner to manage backlog by creating a prioritized list, product backlog, and assists the team in breaking down the pieces into smaller, more manageable pieces and build it incrementally.
- At the end of the Sprint, participate with team in review of the product and a retrospective
- Participate in daily stand-up meetings, planning meetings, reviews, and retrospectives
- Proven Business Analysis experience
- Agile experience (Scrum/Kanban/TDD)
- Experience working on Product Implementation projects with a high degree of integration with client's legacy systems
- A good eye for UI
- Senior Stakeholder management experience
- Polished communication skills
- Jira/Confluence/ experience
- MS Visio or other similar visualization software such as Axure
Experience and Skills:
- Understand other processes and methodologies and can speak intelligently about them and leverage other techniques to provide value to a team/enterprise
- Understand basic fundamentals of software development processes and procedures
- Understand the value of commitments to delivery made by a development team
- Understand backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition
- Technical understanding of infrastructure components, their dependencies, and interactions between servers, virtual systems, networks, databases, web applications, etc
- Ability to proactively participate in customer engagements, follow direction from lead technicians, work with customers, and participate in technical planning
- Possess strong communications and facilitation skills