Business Engagement Lead
Full Time (37 hours per week)
6 Month Contract
Day Rate: £400 per day
Business Engagement Lead with background in application and infrastructure delivery with experience working in a complex environment, a good understanding of ICT technologies and best practice methodologies to communicate clearly and manage multiple stake holders for different organisations.
Working for the Infrastrcuture Services Lead (project manager) the Business Engagement Lead will work closely with architecture teams, business representatives, ICT, external partners and other programmes and projects to support delivery of services into live use for the business.
In general, the Business Engagement Lead will be required to liaise with business owners and SMEs to ensure they are informed of the changes, to build relationships with users and business owners such that they can act as the conduit for information and decisions between the projects and business.
Engagement, Planning & Control and Delivery
- Work with 'business Owners' and stakeholders to understand the strategic objectives and agree the strategic objectives and high-level benefits to be delivered by the projects.
- Determine the applications level of complexity and business impact, informing on migration and testing plans
- Contribute to the development of the business case and financial investment case.
- Engage with the stakeholders to inform on progress and requirements, and develop a cooperative relationship to help provide a smooth migration of services which will meet the ongoing needs of the business
- Draw on own experience and actively seek out and apply relevant lessons learnt from other projects to enable the project teams to avoid repeating mistakes of the past
- Maintain effective relationships with stakeholders (both internal and external), address issues, and deliver effective communication strategies.
- Inform transition plans and ensure business ownership is established for the ongoing ownership of outcomes and benefits
- Engage stake holders to understand and document business process and technical dependencies on applications and services, producing reports and informing the project.
- Inform and evaluate and monitor risks, issues, assumptions, dependencies, interdependencies and changes, escalating those outside tolerance if appropriate.
- Ensure adherence to policies and standards for project management, health and safety, financial, legal and technology and any other compliance requirements.
- Support the business, projects and ICT deliver key documentation and ensure change management activities are executed (e.g. relevant training) to enable business adoption of changes
Stakeholder, Change & Communication
- Create, update and manage plans to address stakeholder expectations and secure buy-in.
- Work with stakeholders on defining scope, agreeing critical success factors, identifying deliverables and benefits, and understanding trade-offs.
- Identify and address dependencies and interdependencies with other projects.
- Develop options to inform project plans, for example the Project Management Plan and business case/ financial investment case.
If you currently hold active security clearance and this role sounds of interest, please don't hesitate to send in your CV.