Business Analysts x3
Majority Remote (Newport or Fareham)
Duration: 5 months
Description of Requirement:
The Integrated Data Service (IDS) Programme has committed to delivering a Public Beta digital platform that will help government and users to make better use of data to improve the policy and decision-making that affects people's lives.
To achieve the IDS Platform Workstream must undertake and deliver multiple, parallel running, mission-critical digital initiatives that are essential for enabling rapid scaling, exceeding user expectations, and meeting our Service Standard commitments which are vital to establishing a great public service.
To succeed the IDS Platform Workstream need Business Analysts to join our multidisciplined delivery teams and take forward these digital initiatives. Business Analysts play a vital role in our delivery teams, ensuring we build products and services to meet the needs of our cross-government users.
Business Analysts in this organisation are experts in their field, providing high quality analysis which influences decisions, challenges thinking and solves problems. Using a range of methods and tools, our Business Analysts:
* Ensure outcomes are aligned with product vision and business strategy by contributing to the link between current and future business models.
* Challenge constructively and act as a critical friend to achieve solutions that are fit for purpose.
* Facilitate collaboration with business stakeholders to support design, build and delivery to meet the user needs.
Past business analysis experience of ServiceNow, IBM Business Automation Workflow or GCP Cloud Platform is desirable but not essential.
TYPICAL ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
* Use business analysis tools and principles to identify and analyse business and user needs related to all aspects of the product or service and define acceptance criteria for development work.
* Contribute to the definition of precise problems for investigation.
* Collaborate with senior business analysts to define success metrics and mechanisms for monitoring data through the life cycles of services.
* Contribute to the definition and prioritisation of user stories.
* Manage cost-benefit analysis across the product lifecycle and support the tracking of benefits to underpin the business case.
* Support business process re-engineering where applicable and write and edit the relevant documentation of processes.
* Produce data models and flow diagrams to illustrate 'as is' and 'to be' business processes.
* Work with user researchers, service designers and technical architects to develop maps of relevant problem spaces
* Collaborate with service teams to formulate hypotheses to test in service design phases.
* Apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to enable teams to delivery high quality solutions which meet business and user needs.
* Proactively ensures analysis and insights are being used to challenge thinking, influence decisions, and solve problems.
* Contribute to the wider Business Analyst community.
Relevant Skills and Experience:
Requirements Definition & Management
- Proficiently leads eliciting of requirements and takes responsibility for investigation and implementation of changes to programme scope. Facilitates setting of business priorities for change initiatives of high complexity. Leads eliciting of requirements and takes responsibility for investigation and implementation of changes to programme scope.
- Business Analysis: Possess the expert knowledge of the wider business environment and the organisational strategy & vision. Understands how changes will impact on existing and new services. Makes decisions that set the standards for others to follow. Understands working with agility at an organisational level and can create the environment for success.
- Business Process Improvement: Ability to analyse current services and processes and identify and implement opportunities to optimise these. Helps to evaluate and establish requirements using relevant techniques such as gap analysis. Recognises the potential for automation of processes, determining costs and benefits of new approaches and managing change or assisting implementation where needed.
- Business Modelling: Advisor on the most appropriate techniques to use and creates models that support a business strategy. Plans and coordinates the team's modelling and supports them in this. Mainly focuses on the representation of organisational processes, roles, and data models and whether they can be used to represent subjects at various levels of detail or complexity.
- Agile Working: Able to identify and compare the best processes or delivery methods to use, including measuring and evaluating outcomes. Helps the team to decide the best approach. Able to help teams to manage and visualise outcomes, prioritise work and work to agreed minimum viable product (MVP) and scope.
- Stakeholder Relationship Management: Able to communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders clearly and regularly (in both written and verbal formats), clarifying mutual needs and commitments through consultation and consideration of impacts whilst focusing on user needs. Can identifies key stakeholders, tailoring communication to their needs and works with teams to build relationships whilst also meeting user needs. Can take opposing views to reach consensus. Positively influences key senior stakeholders and provides an arbitration function.