Economic and Finance Business Case Specialist
Must hold Active SC clearance or SC clearance which has lapsed in the past 12 months.
Remote for foreseeable. (We are currently working remote however there may be a time when office attendance is required - Newport or Titchfield office)
About the Role
Working within the Policy and Engagement Division (P&E) this role is responsible for developing and authoring the Finance and Economic Case for the HAPI Business Case submission to HMT in line with the Green Book, Better Business Cases methodology and best practices.
This role will help to shape ONS's future position in the field of health and its impacts on society, ensuring that achievements during the coronavirus pandemic result in lasting benefits for ONS and the national statistical system.
- Gathering, validating and integration of the financial requirements of the HAPI and ONS teams which contribute to the HAPI business case(s)
- Cost modelling to inform the HAPI business case(s)
- Conduct Cost/Benefit and further economic analysis relating the HAPI business case(s)
- Engage with HAPI colleagues and strategic partners, so that the economic case development is informed by evidence and lessons learnt from the Covid Infection Survey Programme
- Author the Economic and Financial case within the HAPI business case(s) in line with the Green Book, Better Business Cases methodology and best practices
- Provide expert advice in the development of the HAPI business case(s)
- Ensure that the financial and economic data presented in the business case is robust and based on assumptions that have been signed off by stakeholders.
- Undergraduate degree in economics and/or finance (mixed degrees should be at least 50% economics and/or finance)
- Experience in development of cost models
- Experience in conducting cost/benefit analysis and articulating in the context of Business Case development
- Excellent track record for producing business cases for programmes and projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills including research and investigation, able to analyse and manipulate data for reporting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate with colleagues of varying technical knowledge
- Strong Excel and modelling skills
- Experience Microsoft Office applications
· Experience of writing complex business cases in line with the Green Book, Better Business Cases methodology and best practices
- Understanding and developing cost estimates for social surveys