Role Title: Business Change Manager - Cloud Services OUTSIDE IR35
Role location: Fully Remote
Duration of engagement: till March 31st
Deadline: Friday 4th December at noon
Experience Required: Central Government, Cloud Infrastructure (ideally Azure or Office 365), Business Change project work within Central Gov
It is an exciting time to join a Cloud Services and Infrastructure team. We are entering a greater period of change where not only are we in the process of the Secure Research Service migrating from one platform to a new technology and starting up an enhancement project to improve processes of our Researcher Accreditation Service. The office is about to introduce a programme of change which will enhance our technology and service even further. The Integrated Cloud Platform Programme aspires to introduce a mechanism for data access and research in a new and more efficient way. This role will give you an ideal opportunity to get involved right from the start and to really influence the programme and to prepare our business for these changes in plenty of time to have input and to enable greater value within our benefits framework.
If you are looking for an interesting challenge then this job is for you!
TYPICAL ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- obtaining assurance that the delivery of new capability is compatible with the realisation of benefits
- working with the Delivery Manager to ensure that the work of the Division and its programme of activity, including the scope of each project, covers the necessary aspects required to deliver the products or services that will lead to operational benefits
- working with the Delivery Manager to identify projects that will contribute to realising benefits and achieving outcomes
- identifying, defining and tracking the benefits and outcomes required of the programme
- ensuring that maximum improvements are made in existing and new business operations as groups of projects deliver their products into operational use
- leading the activities associated with benefits realisation and ensuring that continued accrual of benefits can be achieved and measured after the programme has been completed
- establishing and implementing the mechanisms by which benefits can be delivered and measured - liaising with other teams responsible for impact and performance metrics
- taking the lead on transition management, ensuring that business as usual is maintained during the transition and the changes are effectively integrated into the business
- preparing affected business areas/teams for transition to new ways of working
- optimising the timing of the release of project deliverables into business operations
The role will benefit from;
- APMG Change Management Practitioner qualification, and/or relevant experience e.g. process mapping, change transition, facilitation, etc.
- Benefits Management experience, setting up frameworks and delivery against realisation plans.
- Relevant experience in Change Management roles
- Project management experience, specifically around integrated planning, stakeholder engagement and communication
- Experience of introducing mechanisms which enable benefits delivery and measurement