My client based in London are looking for a Business Data Analyst for their prestigious Insurance client who are looking to expand the existing Data Analysis capability working on a Global regulatory change programme.
- Hands-on data analyst role working under the guidance of an experienced Data Architect to deliver Logical Design Specifications and Interface Source to Target Mappings.
- Role will be working remotely with occasional need to work on site in the City of London.
- Assist the Data Architect, Solution Architect and development team with data flows, data mapping and data extracts
- Analyse data flows, data source and data needs for specified 3rd Party Products
- Build out Functional Specifications and data mappings for Interfaces
- Produce Logical Design Specifications, including data modelling, for approval and use by developers and testing
- Assist in the analysis of the data requirements impact on core systems and raise any required Change Requests
- Prepare option papers to assist with problem and issue resolution in a timely way so that informed decisions can be made
- Maintain close, good working relationships with business areas and delivery teams
- Data Profiling and data quality assessments
- Produce Data Extracts to support data remediation and data migrations
- Owning assigned tasks and seeing these through to successful completion
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Demonstrated multi- year experience in data analysis within the General Insurance sector (not Life insurance)
- Knowledge of London Market insurance a distinct advantage
- Strong understanding of Logical Data Models , Glossaries and Taxonomies
- A proven track record of working direct with business and developers at the same time
- Co-ordinate regular meetings/workshops and action tracking
- Strong skills in MS SQL Server, SQL Tools, MDS & MS Excel
- Experience collaborating with distributed teams
- Experience working with outsource partners
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Good attention to detail.
- Able to communicate confidently via email, webex and face-to-face
- Great problem-solving skills, and the ability to think quickly and solve problems efficiently.
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Diligent, self-motivated, and goal oriented.
- Willing and an enthusiastic attitude to working within existing processes/methodologies
Day rate is up to £600 per day (inside IR35) if this sounds like an opportunity you would like to explore further then please apply with your latest CV and I will be in touch with suitable candidates.