Business Process Automation Engineer
- All candidates must have lived in the UK for the past 5 years to be considered
- Remote working anywhere in the UK
- £24 - £27 per hour, 37 hours a week. Inside IR35 contractor position
- 3 months initally
- Deadline: noon 29th June 2021
Are you a highly organised, proactive individual who would like to help deliver high level projects and programmes? Do you enjoy working in a busy, fast paced environment with a team ready to support and celebrate success with one another? Then this might be the role for you!
The Integrated Data Programme will build a digital collaborative environment that enables cross-government teams and wider communities to deliver complex analytical outcomes by bringing together analysts, data, infrastructure, information governance and domain expertise. The main objective is to unlock the vast potential of linked data to enhance decision making for the public good, providing a quality evidence base on which to improve the lives of citizens.
TYPICAL ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
This role is responsible for designing, testing, running and continuously improving automation technologies including but not limited to:
- Business Process Management (BPM)
- Intelligent Case Management (ICM)
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
- Business Automation Analytics (BAA)
- Automated Decision Making (ADM)
- Intelligent Document Capture (IDC)
An Automation Engineer delivers more complex automation applications, including integration into wider technologies as appropriate. They can work with business users and provide in depth knowledge of configuring automation technologies
- plan and lead development of automation applications, including taking responsibility identifying wider services to meet the user need
- understand the whole automation application and take responsibility for teaching this to others
- work with other disciplines to understand what needs to be developed, including identifying wider services, integration, and systems of record
- coach and mentor others
- Under supervision, you are able to build basic business process models, user interaction or automated bots to demonstrate the art of the possible - these can either be throw away or capable of being developed into actual working solutions
- You are able to build complex automation applications (including basic systems of record) and deploy them into business.
- Working with Technical or Solution Architects you are able to specify integration points to wider systems or databases to enhance the functionality of the automation application
- You are able to demonstrate integration opportunities using bots rather than formal integration patterns
- Able to work with individual business users to upskill them in the basic capabilities of the automation toolsets including the tools, techniques and design practices which are applicable to help them design, support and maintain their own business automation applications
- Able to design and deliver development sessions for groups of people on the possibilities of using automation and upskilling them in the use of the toolsets.
- Able to evangelise the use of automation toolsets and demonstrate relevant value to a number of business use cases
- Is able to produce documents showing how automation would benefit business areas and how they could use to deliver efficiencies