Business support officer
£13 per hour. Inside IR35
The Role The purpose of the Business Delivery Team is to facilitate the smooth running of the day-to-day business of the Directorate/Division, dealing with operational matters (organisation, administration, staffing and budgets/planning), stakeholder engagement and management of the business area office, providing effective and efficient administrative support to the Head of Directorate/Division, the Leadership Team and staff. The team acts as the point of contact for Directorate/Divisional queries and manages communication of initiatives underway to all Directorate/Divisional staff and stakeholders. It also undertakes roles supporting Directorate/Divisional level functions.
The roles require:
* prioritisation and management of work flowing through the office;
* actioning information requests;
* providing guidance and support to staff;
* working at pace with flexibility and discretion to effectively support the smooth running of the directorate/division.
TYPICAL ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
* Administrative support which includes, but is not limited to, proactively managing inbox and calendar for the Senior Leadership Team, meeting arrangements including awaydays and internal /external meetings, minute taking, raising requisitions, stationery point, arranging travel (including overseas), accommodation, car hire and expenses claims.
* Manage interaction with a range of stakeholders, ensuring channels are handled in a professional manner. Act as the point of contact for Directorate/Divisional-wide queries, ensuring all queries and requests are dealt with efficiently.
* Build and maintain close working relationships with colleagues across Directorate/Division and the wider ONS business.
* Assist in supporting the delivery of accurate management information, finance, communications and performance management activities within the Directorate.
* Organise, manage and act as the Secretariat for Boards, Forums and Leadership Team meetings, key stakeholders and the information flow between them. Includes minute taking, preparing and circulating the agenda and minutes, obtaining updates on previous action points, preparing briefing papers and documentation for specific packages of work, and chasing outstanding papers.
* Organise, manage and deliver Directorate/Division level functions, beyond the statistical production process Behaviours (Civil Service Success Profiles)