- Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
- Up to £35000.00 per annum
- Job Type
- Alice Powell
- 16 days ago
As a leading provider of voice capture solutions globally, my client's fundamental purpose is to capture all voice communications from anywhere, irrespective of source and our talented, intuitive and quality focused software developers work on a range of development projects to support this.
Our team is building cutting edge solutions to support voice recording and value add services across contact centres, financial services trader floors, government and public safety, providing a critical business function for many public services and household brands.
We are investing heavily in our future technology stack and rapidly maturing our agile working practices and you will have the opportunity to work with microservices and containerisation.
Day to day you will work with our developers, QA and product teams, delivering high quality code and satisfying sprint and release goals. You will have a desire to learn new skills and to support the team and the company's objectives.
Whilst we would like you to come with at least 3 years' experience as a Software Developer, your fit for our team and the ability to learn quickly is most important to us.
- Involved in input into initial feature/project scoping and effort estimation
- Responsible for accuracy of estimates at backlog refinement sessions
- Responsible for delivering on team's sprint goals
- Accountable for delivering unit or BDD tests as part of any completed work
- Accountable for developing high quality code to meet the defined software requirements
- Responsible for supporting the team in delivering high quality code by carrying out code reviews
- Involved in supporting use of automated acceptance tests where possible
- Involved in release testing where necessary;
- Involved in assisting support and project office in bug fixing of released functionality
- Higher Education Qualification or equivalent (desirable)
- Degree or equivalent (desirable)
- Industry recognized software development qualification (desirable)
Culture & Experience
- The desire to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to self-manage.
- Knowledge of software development life-cycles.
- Deep programming language knowledge.
- Full stack developer who understands concepts of software engineering.
- Working as part of an Agile team, preferably in a DevOps environment.
- Creative and capable of presenting ideas for systems improvements.
- Rest/Web APIs
- Service Orientated Architecture
- Microservice architecture beneficial
- Angular/HTML beneficial
- Azure / Cloud Services
- Dependency injection
- Entity Framework/Other ORM tools
- TDD Unit Testing
- Azure DevOps or similar
If you are experienced in these technologies then please get in touch!