Census Field Support Agent
Contract until 2nd June 2021
Mainly looking for those interested in Part Time hours. 30 hours per week - 3 weekday evening shifts, 8 hours on Saturday and 8 hours on Sunday. It will be rota based so you can swap shifts with people on your team if needed.
There is also a small number of Full Time hour positions avaliable (37 hours per week, Monday to Friday).
A census in the UK is a count of all people and households that is carried out every 10 years. Every effort is made to include everyone, and that is why the census is so important. It is the only survey which provides a detailed picture of the entire population and is unique because it covers everyone at the same time and asks the same core questions everywhere. This makes it easy to compare different parts of the country.
For the 2021 census, we will need around 40,000 temporary field staff, working remotely across England and Wales, whose role will be to explain the benefits of the census and to encourage everyone to participate - ideally completing their survey online. To allow the field staff to meet this aim we will need to ensure that they have a central point of initial contact to deal with queries, issues and incidents.
We are currently recruiting Contact Centre Agents to join the Census Field Support team to assist in the running of our contact centre during the 2021 Census. The contact centre will deal with questions, issues and requests from members of the field staff via multiple communication channels.
- Answer incoming calls and respond to customer's emails
- Manage and resolve customer queries
- Identify issues and escalate as required to Supervisors
- Research unknown information requested by Field Staff using available resources
- Document all call information accurately in ticketing system
- Recognise, document, and alert the management team of trends in customer calls
- Follow up customer calls where necessary
- Complete call logs and reports
- Complete other admin tasks where required
- Candidates will need to be proactive, have a keen eye for detail and interact with daily bulletins to keep up to date with process changes within Census.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and ability to adapt to a new and ever-changing working environment
- Ability to work well alone and as part of a team
- Proven organisational skills to deliver against set deadlines, with an attention to detail
- Good customer service and interpersonal skills
- Telephone experience
- Knowledge and experience of using Microsoft/Google packages, with a competency in computer skills
- Ability to accurately input data, with strong typing skills
- Experience of working in both office and customer service environments