- £48000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
- Job Type
- Evie Edwards
- Permanent role within in a critical public service
- Up to £55,000 per annum + benefits
- Flexible remote working pattern - with bases nationwide
In any organisation people are the key resource, and therefore success and failure begin and ends here.
And you're all about understanding that, how to put users first in a company context, how digital technologies are changing user behaviour along with the changes of delivering digital change for government.
Our central government client is looking for a resilient individual to take on the challenge and join the team as the Capability and Planning Lead. In this role you will be a part of the department at the centre of change and operations, creating and leading the IT workforce strategy.
Skills You Will Need…
- Understanding of how digital technologies effect and change user behaviour, and the opportunities and challenges of delivering digital change for government
- User - centred service design and delivery practices, understanding how to put users first in a company context
- Research skills - choosing appropriate and inclusive research methods in different stages and situations - a background in user research is desired
- Business Analysis and Synthesis - The ability to visualise, articulate and solve complex problems and concepts, and make disciplined decisions based on available information
- Strategic thinking - the ability to understand problems and use the right framework to solve them, leading the team in the right direction
- The ability to engage effectively with staff at all levels and with different technical understandings
Day to Day…
Analysing trends and business strategy to forecast critical skills, emerging skills, and resource gaps.
Developing and managing a DDaT Professional Capability Framework, developing collaborative communities of professionals across ITD.
Growing a team that has the skills, knowledge, and experience to identify and initiate major strategic business change initiatives.
Lead the design and implementation of strategy, directing the evaluation of current strategies and policies to ensure business and people requirements are being met - strategically developing plans with both long and short timeframes.
Responsibility to baseline, develop and monitor team budgets, forecasts, and costs.
To develop a long-term workforce strategy, being discerning and disciplined in focusing on what is most important and relevant to inform and deliver the strategic transformation and strategic aims.
If this is something you feel suited to and would like to apply, please send in your CV. Because of the expected volume of applications, we will endeavour to come back to you asap.