Census Field Support Supervisor
Feb 2021 - 2nd June 2021
A census in the UK is a count of all people and households that is carried out every 10 years. Every effort is made to include everyone, and that is why the census is so important. It is the only survey which provides a detailed picture of the entire population and is unique because it covers everyone at the same time and asks the same core questions everywhere. This makes it easy to compare different parts of the country.
For the 2021 census, we will need around 40,000 temporary field staff, working remotely across England and Wales, whose role will be to explain the benefits of the census and to encourage everyone to participate - ideally completing their survey online. To allow the field staff to meet this aim we will need to ensure that they have a central point of initial contact to deal with queries, issues and incidents.
We are currently recruiting Contact Centre Agents to join the Census Field Support team to assist in the running of our contact centre during the 2021 Census. The contact centre will deal with questions, issues and requests from members of the field staff via multiple communication channels.
- Assist with training of contact centre staff
- Management of the contact centre team on a rota basis
- Assist in overseeing teams who will respond to questions, issues and requests from our Field Staff
- Assist in management of team plans
- Monitor management information dashboards and produce reports as and when required
- Handle Field Staff issues escalated by agents
- Identify issues and escalate as required to senior management
- Manage broadcasted information sent to Field Staff
- Supporting general activities of the 2021 Census Operations
- Provide general administrative support to the team, this could include taking notes at meetings, proof reading documents produced for other areas for quality assurance purposes, organisation of the teams, to include arranging meetings, organising travel (car hire, train tickets, accommodation etc, setting up, managing and maintaining administrative processes
You may be required to:
- Answer incoming calls and respond to customer's emails
- Manage and resolve customer queries
- Assist in management of incidents
- Research unknown information requested by Field Staff using available resources
- Document all call information accurately in ticketing system
- Recognise, document, and alert the management team of trends in customer calls
- Follow up customer calls where necessary
- Complete call logs and reports
- Additional administrative tasks
- A background working within a customer contact centre environment
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Understanding of how processes and procedures are designed and experience writing user instructions
- Confident making suggestions of ways to improve processes and systems
- To be able to work well individually, as part of a team, and with people outside of the team and organisation
- Good prioritisation skills with the ability to deliver work quickly when under pressure
- Knowledge and experience of using Microsoft/Google packages, with a competency in computer skills
- Telephone experience
- Ability to accurately input data, with strong typing skills
- Leading a team in a customer service environment
- Line management experience
- Experience of generating daily progress reports
Note for candidates
- You must have the ability to work from home. There may be occasions where you are required to come to the Titchfield office, therefore travel to Titchfield is desirable.
- 2x Full Time (08:15-17:30 Mon-Fri) - Operating hours will be between 08:15am - 17:30pm. You will be working 5 days a week, Monday to Friday. 37 hour working week.
- 6x Part Time Evenings (16:45-20:45 Mon-Sat, 5 days a week) - You will be working 5 days a week, Monday to Saturday. 20 hour working week.
- 6x Part Time Weekends (08:15-1730 Sat, 09:00-17:00 Sun) - Operating hours will be between 08:15am - 17:30pm on Saturday, and 09:00am - 17:00pm on Sunday. 15 hour working week.
- Additional staff cover may be required during the census field operation's busiest period, which is anticipated to be between the 15th March 2021 and 11th April 2021. Throughout this period, there will be opportunity for overtime hours.
- No block annual leave will be approved for the duration of your employment period. An odd day or afternoon off should be fine.
- You will be required to complete and pass a security vetting application to secure this post. Any applicants who are unsuccessful at obtaining security clearance will have their contract terminated.