Logistics Assistant Manager
£14 per hour
9 months contract
We are currently recruiting for a Logistics Assistant Manager to join the Census Logistics team to assist with the delivery of successful census phases. The Census Logistics team need to identify the supply requirements for all the Field Force, the logistics (collection and delivery) of the supplies and a replenishment service so that the field force can operate successfully when they are out in the field.
* You will provide general support to the team, this could include taking notes at meetings.
* Assist in developing and managing a range of products, processes and procedures.
* Proofread documents produced for other areas for quality assurance purposes. This will also involve cross checking that documents are consistent.
* Setting up, managing and maintaining administrative process for the team, ensuring that version control procedures are in place for all documentations across the teams.
* Assist in coordinating and managing delivery of logistical requirements for the field team.
* Actively take forward the organisation of the teams, to include arranging meetings, organising travel (car hire, train tickets, accommodation etc).
* Produce management information as and when required.
* Assist in management of team plans.
* Adhoc administration tasks.
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with an attention to detail;
* Ability to organise and negotiate effectively to ensure that the right people are represented at meetings and events and the team is fully staffed;
* Strong team skills so they can successfully integrate into a busy and reactive team;
* Ability to deliver to competing priorities and timetables.
* Knowledgeable in the use of MS Project, Excel and Word, Internet and email.
Some travel will be required throughout the length of this contract, some will involve overnight stays.
If this sounds like a position you'd be interested in pursuing, please apply with a copy of an up to date CV.