6 Months (likely extension)
£750 per day. Outside IR35
Remote for foreseeable and duration if needed. When the risk of COVID infection is reduced, we envision that many of the team and community activities will take place at our Edinburgh or Glasgow offices, for at least part of each week
An experienced Chief Architect is required to shape how technology is deployed to meet the key objectives of the organisation
- Allow customers to create applications that represent their registration intention. Based on the structured data collected, automate the automatable parts of Dealings (DW) applications to significantly reduce the operational effort in the Intake and Settle processes.
- Complete the development and rollout of RoS' new mapping tools and spatial database such that the historic Digital Mapping System (DMS) is retired.
- Migrate historic operational archives to the new RoS Cloud Archive. Retire the historic (RAC) on-premises archival systems.
- Decouple the Invoicing and Prepayments services Finance provides to operational products from the legacy finance system.
- Replace the Register of Inhibitions (ROI) and start the development of Register of Deeds (ROD) based on a serverless cloud-based design.
- Complete the D1 Alpha stage and commence Beta for the design and implementation of Register of Controlling Interests (RCI).
- Facilitate uptake of the RoS cloud platform across each of the RoS domains ensuring appropriate use of containers, serverless, and an efficient CI/CD process.
- Ensure new developments reduce the technical complexity of domain estate targeting reduction in RoS' Product Sustainability Index
- Engage with the leadership of Product Management, Service Design, HR, and Registration to understand their requirements, agree priorities, and identify technical solutions.
- Discuss and gain agreement on the approach and implications of the outcomes with the Executive Management Team (EMT) and RoS Board.
- Provide technical leadership across the Enablement and Development teams ensuring that the solutions meet their objectives whilst also reducing the complexity of the estate.
- Lead the RoS Architecture Steering Group (ASG) fostering better communication between all technical teams, common approaches to shared problems, and consensus led decisions on contentious issues.
- Engagement with stakeholders, understanding context and requirements, from diverse areas of a business including Product Management, Service Design, and Operations.
- Discovery, design, and delivery of products both for internal operational users and external customers.
- Collaboratively prioritising a business wide roadmap across multiple departmental functions. * Using written, verbal, and visual communication to explain complex topics concisely to both technical and non-technical audiences, at all levels of a company, including the Executive Management and Board of Directors.
- Designing and implementing solutions using service and event-based architectures
- Incrementally replacing enterprise legacy systems
- Knowledge of the Scottish Land Registration process
- Technical leadership of a portfolio of in-house developed products and infrastructure platforms across a department of at least 10 teams and £20 million budget in an agile environment.
- AWS, including Lambda, S3, Aurora/Postgres, API Gateway, CDK, CI/CD approaches in a multi-account environment
- OpenShift or Kubernetes container orchestration
- Securing software applications
- Securing an IT estate
- Developing within GDS, Digital First, or similar quality standards