Cloud Delivery Manager - DevOps Transformation
- Fully remote working anywhere in the UK
- inital 3-month contract
- Inside IR35 - rates from 550/600 per day
- Must have led DevOps teams before
- Deadline: Thursday 25th March at noon
- Central Government
- An experienced delivery manager is required to manage the delivery of AWS cloud services/solutions for a multi-product platform
- Strong experience in cloud delivery and managing a DevOps team
- Experience of working with solution and technical architects
- They will have a strong background in Delivering Digital projects using agile working practises.
- Strong communication at all levels within a complex delivery environment and able to deal with conflicting opinions to achieve business value
- Able to manage stakeholders' expectations and facilitate discussions across high risk and complex products under constrained timescales.
- Able to optimise the delivery . Able to actively address the most complicated risks, issues and dependencies including where ownership exists outside the team or no clear ownership exists. Able to identify innovative ways to unblock issues.
- Able to identify problems or issues in the team dynamic and rectify them. Ability to facilitate agile ceremonies to deliver the best value in-line with user needs.
- Support the product teams in removing blockers, create an environment for the team to be self-organising and high performing.
- Knowledge of GDS Service Standards
- Experience of working with Application Lifecycle Management Tooling (Jira, Confluence, Trello, SharePoint)
- Commitment and Ability to manage teams remotely
TYPICAL ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accountable for the delivery of products and cloud services.
- Build and maintain motivated teams, making sure there is an iterative plan to work towards.
- Protect the team and make sure the team collaborates, communicates and focuses on what is most important.
- Coach team members and others to facilitate continuous improvement and apply the most appropriate agile and lean tools and techniques for their environment.
- Proactively manage dependencies, overcome obstacles and get the best value against constraints.
- Facilitate and manage risks and in highly complex products
- Collaborate with other product teams to align delivery, overcome shared issues and deliver integrated solutions for the platform