Microservices Developer / Cloud Developer / Remote
You will have responsibilities for developing and maintaining the cloud platform features against a diverse and fast paced software roadmap. You will be involved in the architecture of our cloud solution, the orchestration and management of the microservice deployments and refactoring to improve the efficiency and scalability of the cloud platform.
One of your firstassignments will be in the deployment of a local test environment that can be "spun-up" on demand to provide a representation of the cloud services to which the IoT Edge servers can be tested against.
You will be reporting to a software team lead within the UK organisation.
- Work with key stakeholders to refine requirements scope.
- Develop, unit test, and feature test from feature requirements against agreed timescales.
- Support backlog as part of continual product improvement.
- Attend standups, reporting status and highlighting blockers.
- Work with test team as part of feature development.
- Recommend product and performance improvements based on previous experience and knowledge.
- Track record of software development for cloud systems,
- Expertise with orchestration tools, ideally Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience of scaling cloud-based microservices
- Linux tools, scripting, Git and the command line are all second nature
- Ability to communicate articulately, both verbally and in writing to colleagues and stakeholders.
- Golang development ecosystem
- Cloud-based networks, security architectures, API Gateways, service mesh, etc
- Keen to explore programming languages and open-source