Working as the front-line team for all things cloud. They would ensure the health and uptime availability of the cloud platform(s) ensuring that the SLA's of cloud providers are met and escalating where they are not. The team would provide a triage of all calls around coming in from the end users to engage the correct teams are engaged with the resolution of these. The team would take responsibility for management of the certificates & encryption keys where required. The engagement with 3rd parties for support purposes would also be driven through this team. Taking all good practices and ensuring they are documented for others to learn from as well as ownership of the BCP \ DR lifecycle.
Working with the DevOps teams to create Runbooks to allow a Shift Left mentality where required to allow the dev teams to prioritise fixing the root cause of these issues in the back log. But also championing during sprint reviews and planning sessions the requirements of the operations team to create a consistent approach in logging and dash-boarding.
Cloud Operations Engineer with Google Cloud platform experience working at tier 1 \ 2. Working alongside multiple DevOps and Architecture teams to develop best practice in the day to day running of the environment. The individual must be able to demonstrate a good analytical approach to triaging calls and co-ordinating responses to incidents ensuring the correct teams or 3rd parties are engaged, to be able to achieve this they will need to gain a good insight across the environment and the interconnects between products & services.
The individual will also have a responsibility to develop dashboards and runbooks. Be able to work and influence teams in an Agile delivery framework to ensure operational needs are championed. Also, be responsible for the administration of users across SAAS solutions.
Day to Day:
- Initial Triage of all calls and passing on to the DevOps team for resolution where required
- Engage with 3rd party engineers to get to the source & resolution of issues
- Maintain support and monitoring of the Cloud platform highlighting potential improvement areas
- Ensuring that relevant backup and recovery processes are in place
- Working with the DevOps teams to create Runbooks to allow a Shift Left mentality where possible
- Assist in the management of CI\CD pipelines including Terraform scripting
- Creation and tuning of dashboards
- User administration of access to Cloud platforms
- User administration of key SAAS products that create the eco-structure of the DevOps environment
- G-Suite Administration
- Google Cloud Platform (inc StackDriver)