Cloud Engineer (Senior)
- Working in a cross-functional delivery team to utilise cloud technologies effectively.
- Working collaboratively with other specialist engineers to accelerate delivery.
- Applying a continuous improvement mindset and exploring innovation opportunities in cloud technologies, using a fail-fast approach.
- Applying agreed security standards to all work and ensuring required security requirements are achieved.
- Sharing knowledge and expertise to enable all members of the team to work in an automated, repeatable fashion.
- Creating and encouraging infrastructure-as-code as part of project delivery.
- Supporting and continual improvement of deployed cloud technologies.
- Integration of cloud solutions with new or existing logging and monitoring technologies.
- Provide technical consultancy, expertise and advice to all managers and teams within IT.
- Drive your own self-development aligned with the organisations' IT strategy
- Identify opportunities to develop more efficient business and IT solutions
- Pro-actively apply HMG IA technical security controls according to ISO 27001 & the Security Policy Framework (SPF)
- Promote and display the IPO and Civil Service Values.
Relevant Skills and Experience
- Significant experience with cloud providers especially Microsoft Azure
- Significant experience with Infrastructure-as-Code approaches to managing cloud resources specifically utilising Terraform.
- Experience of working within agile teams for rapid delivery
- Good understanding of security in cloud
- Understanding of appropriate governance for rapid delivery and support on cloud
- Experience with modern delivery models such as Scrum and Agile
- Understanding of DevOps principles and experience of working in a DevOps environment
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Influencing, both inside an IT department, and across the organisation
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline automation tools such as Azure DevOps, Jenkins
- Experience of working in an ITIL environment, including knowledge of ITSM processes
- Understanding of cloud networking and connectivity.
- Strong scripting skills.