One of Talent Internationals leading clients are urgently looking for an additional CMBD Analyst for a long-term contract in the Midlands.
Business wise, they focus on risk mitigation and improving the overall IT function which underpins the running of their customer businesses
On this occasion, a CMBD Analyst is required to collaborate with teams across the end user organisation to enable / improve configuration management
- Working knowledge of ServiceNow and preferably ServiceNow Discovery
- Has achieved proficiency in the Task of Configuration Management
- Aware of the application of automated systems to the support of specific business functions or processes
- Proficient in the discipline which gives precise control over IT assets by allowing IT management to maintain information about the "configuration items", including hardware devices, computer programs, documentation, telecommunications services and computer centre facilities, required to deliver an IT service.
- Understanding of the importance and application of security across IT processes.
- Understanding of infrastructure concepts (e.g. Networks, Storage, VMware and Azure)
- Knowledge of Linux Red Hat, HPUX and Windows
- A broad IT Understanding of Infrastructure, Applications, Testing and SDLC
On a day to day basis, you will be :
- Collaborate with teams across the organisation to enable enhanced configuration management
- Review and maintain tools, techniques and processes for identification, classification and control of CIs
- Deliver process automation and integration to support continuous delivery and waterfall teams
- Integrate CMDB with automated environment provisioning processes
- Acts as a point of contact between the organisation and supplier in context of maintaining the CMDB content
- Demonstrates an analytical and systematic approach to problem solving
- Ensuring that appropriate data, forms and configuration items (CIs) are available for use by all authorised personnel.
- Design automation approaches to minimise waste and maximise business value
- Make recommendations for toolset choices and implementation approaches
- Support the implementation of toolsets in line with an approved roadmap
- Design, produce and implement technical documentation to define the operation of tools
- Make recommendations for future enhancements to the tooling estate
- Ensure tooling is fully operational through integration with existing support tools and processes
If you are interested in hearing more about the CMDB Analyst based in the Midlands please click on the link to apply and call to discuss.