Commercial Cost Data Modeller - SC Cleared
About the role
The role of Commercial Cost Modeller is focused on the interrogation and challenge of commercial data, with the objectives of discovering and leveraging useful information, that can be used to support evidence based decision making. The Commercial Cost Modeller is expected to support clients in the analysis of key commercial data and identify levers to drive efficiencies against their current models.
The Commercial Cost Modeller will be required to support engagement teams with a number of tasks, which are supported through the review and evaluation of supplier data and assessment of complex cost models. Typical examples of these are included below:
- Cost modelling: analysing and challenging client cost models, and creation of 'should cost' models to identify and drive efficiency opportunities. Includes cost analysis, assessing cost drivers such as: labour rates, Indirect / direct costs and escalation.
- Incentive modelling: analysing how the financial and performance incentives of a contract (e.g. pain / gain share, KPIs) could influence supplier behaviour.
- Profit checks: to assess whether suppliers are correctly applying yield rate by assessing errors in cost modelling to ensure that costs are correctly quoted.
- Competitor analysis: to review, compare and challenge supplier and contract cost data to identify potential efficiencies.
- QDC modelling: explores how Qualifying Defence Contracts (QDC) can best apply the information and rights granted under the single source contract regulations to deliver efficiencies and value for money.
- Historical cost benchmarking: assesses what has been paid previously for the same or similar items and uses that information to determine a comparable cost.
- Component cost analysis: breaking down the cost of individual product elements so that they can be challenged.
We're looking for candidates with the following:
- At least 2 years experience working as a data analyst in a corporate function
- Knowledge and/or certifications demonstrating capability working with data models and reporting packages (ideally Power BI)
- Ability to analyse large data sets
- Commercial awareness and strong cost modelling skills
- Ability to write comprehensive reports
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An analytical mind and inclination for problem-solving
- Attention to detail