Any queries or questions before applying, please call Zoe on 01173320836
Commercial Manager HEO
2-month contract (likely extension)
Responsibilities - Business Acumen & Commercial Judgement
- Adheres to and applies Public Procurement Regulations
- Analyses simple data to support decision making
- Builds relationships and manages a range of stakeholders (at all levels) to understand their key deliverables and to manage expectations.
- Engages with the key stakeholders to review and develop alternative business solutions as appropriate.
- Drives the concept of "value for money" and identifies how to apply a broad range of appropriate commercial concepts to ensure successful outcomes
Responsibilities - Leadership and capability
- Leads a team, taking responsibility and accountability for developing commercial skills and delivering successful procurement and commercial activities.
- Successfully works as a member or supports a/multiple project team(s) to deliver the optimum commercial outcome.
- Supports commercial colleagues to build capability across the organisation. Facilitating the development of a learning environment, including: Identifying, sharing and acting on lessons learned.
Responsibilities - Strategy and Governance
- Aware of our strategy and ensures Commercial activities align to the delivery of the strategy
- Acts in accordance with our Commercial strategy and how this applies within their area of responsibility
- Ensures central government commercial policy and relevant public sector procurement legislation is adhered to.
- Plans and aligns work to the governance process.
- Writes persuasive formal reports in accordance with commercial governance including procurement strategy, procurement documentation, selection / award reports, board and progress reports.
Responsibilities - Procurement Processes
- Leads the implementation of pre-market engagement (to inform the procurement process and improve competition).
- Assesses routes to market and refine requirements to determine the most suitable options for a specific requirement and develop a robust sourcing strategy for approval by stakeholders.
- Ensures value is delivered throughout the commercial cycle and analyses the potential risks and issues that may arise at various key stages.
- Manages own procurement activity, engaging with stakeholders to ensure delivery within agreed timescales.
- Develops procurement documentation and constructs sound contracts seeking advice and input from others as appropriate.
- Develops robust evaluation criteria, conducts appropriate training and manages the evaluation process, ensuring full audit trails are kept.
- Understands, applies and advise others on principles of contract and supplier management.
- Manages the commercial risks and agreements reached between us and our suppliers to ensure successful delivery of contracts.
- Manages day to day contract queries from suppliers and users to facilitate the smooth running of the contract.
- Applies different contract tiers and the required differential management techniques e.g. Gold, Silver, Bronze.
- Actively drives successful performance of Contracts (including use of MI and KPI's) and challenges inefficiency/non-performance within contract activity.
- Drives value and/or innovation from effective contract management processes.
- Ensuring Probity and adherence to governance and Cabinet Office spend controls.
- Commercial Insights roles to support and lead on commercial activities during the end to end process as and when required.
- Experience of co-ordinating and completing activities to agreed timescales that deliver outcomes
- Experience of successful service delivery and problem solving in a commercial environment procuring goods and services via OJEU and/or frameworks and experience of resolving contractual disputes.
- Experience of the commercial strategy and commercial cycles to ensure compliance with governance procedures following UK and EU Regulations and Directives including Cabinet Office (CO) and Government Digital Service (GDS) policies and procedures
- Business acumen and commercial judgement in developing commercial strategies and delivering commercial activity.
- An understanding and application of public procurement regulations and experience of extracting business requirements and successfully translating into deliverable outputs.
- Knowledge about the markets within their area of responsibility and is therefore able to lead on the implementation of pre-market engagement (to inform the procurement process and improve competition)
- Understanding of actions required to support delivery of Value for Money (VfM) and efficiency.
- Experience of budget control
- Experience of stakeholder management and working with multiple professions or disciplines
- Analytical Skills
- Experience of managing and developing people
- Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (MCIPS) or equivalent.