Commercial Practitioner - IR35
Newport - Fully Remote
3-month contract (likely extension)
This temporary role sits within the Commercial Services team reporting to Category Lead - Corporate Services.
The post holder will be responsible for the identification, quantification and mitigation of risks relating to IR35. This role is responsible for proactively building excellent relationships with hiring managers to ensure that any risks identified are mitigated and plans are developed for the ongoing management of contingent labour to reduce IR35 related risks.
The post holder will undertake a series of activities to improve processes and procedures for managing risks associated with IR35.
- A reassessment of c. 300 current contractors in conjunction with hiring managers, advising hiring managers on the impact of the assessment and the optimal methods for managing contractors to keep them outside IR35
- A report (due 31st August - potentially an interim report if the full 300 have not been reassessed) detailing
- the degree to which original assessments remain valid
- a summary of the residual risk
- a proposal for addressing any instances where the assessment varies from the original outcome
- A further report with recommendations on how to implement improved controls and minimise risks relating to IR35 ongoing - due end of September
Skills and Experience
- Have an excellent understanding of IR35 legislation, as well as the challenges faced;
- Have demonstrable experience of sourcing contingent labour in a public sector organisation and managing IR35 related risk;
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a proven record of establishing, building and maintaining strong, collaborative and productive relationships at all levels of the business;
- Are expert in effectively managing relationships with stakeholders, producing clear advice and influence on complex issues.
- Have extensive experience of writing persuasive formal reports in accordance with organisational governance including risk reports
- Be able to be fully effective in a short period of time and have experience of delivering complex projects under tight deadlines