Communications manager - Content/Design
£350- £450 p/d - OUTSIDE IR35
We are looking for someone with a flair for innovative communications which will engage our staff and help to drive processes. Someone who is a talented, motivated, collaborative and creative communications professional who is keen to lead the team in developing internal communications and to support the department to articulate our vision, support our leadership team and respond to the needs of staff.
We are also looking for someone with design skills, with ability to define a communications plan , create artefacts, design posters and create visuals.
· Play a key role in ensuring the internal communications team is effective and innovative.
· Forge key relationships with senior leaders and be a point of contact for advice and queries from all levels of staff.
· Help co-ordinate a programme of events and visits by senior leaders.
· Provide guidance to internal clients on the manner in which messages and key themes are communicated to ensure consistency, clarity and impact.
· Advise major change programme leads on internal communications strategy and work with communications colleagues on announcements, articles and briefs.
· Have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
· Have basic design and layout skills.
· Maintain knowledge and understanding of Government Communications Service initiatives, best practice and activities.
· Evaluate the effectiveness of communication processes and deliver ongoing improvement.
· Work collaboratively to build effective relationships with key stakeholders in the department and in partner organisations.
Personal qualities and skills required:
· Strong planning, organisational and people skills, including delivering communication products to deadlines.
· Experience in developing and delivering effective communications strategies and plans.
· Experience of evaluating communications campaigns.